troubles installing interface V2 usb

Discussion in 'Phoenix' started by gardy, Mar 28, 2014.

1. gardy

gardy New Member

Hi, i have troubles installing my usb interface V2 on my pc's. It only works on my old pc, and thats a windows7 32bit.
    On my laptop a win 8 64bit, a laptop windows 7 64 bit and 2 brand new win 8 pc 64bit they wont work. Always having fault "code 10" device is not starting. and than somting about winusb. is there a solution?

Thanks

Gardy

2. Hey Gardy, I see you opened a support ticket for this a few days after this post.

I want to put the issue details here for other End Users:

If you see the error code 10 at the device manager, you have connected your interface on a USB 3.0 port (blue inlay).

Though the chipset manufacturer promise that USB 3.0 is completely downward compatible to USB 2.0, we and many other hardware manufacturer made the experience that it is not always true.

So, currently you have to connect the USB Micro V2 interface on a real USB 2.0 port (black port).

Fortunately we have a solution for that, that we can provide as firmware update for the interface with the next Phoenix release in short (probably next week).
    Then you can use the interface on a USB 3.0 port without any hassles.

Please apologize the circumstances until then.

I see you had a hardware issue after this but your second V2 interface had the firmware updated well and is working as it should.