V4.2 doesn't use my controller after update

Discussion in 'Phoenix' started by ace, Nov 12, 2016.

1. ace

ace Member

Hi all, I'm a new user of Phoenix Live 4.
    I decided to update the software to V4.2,
    when I tested the update I noticed in the settings a picture of my interface that had a red circle with a line through it. I originally thought that this was because I was trying the updated software without an activation code. However I received my activation code today, I then opened Live 4.2 an activated my account. Unfortunately, the same picture of my interface crossed out remains. I'm unable to get any output for my laser. Basically after the update, Live 4.2 is useless to me. I've uninstalled & re-installed twice already, but my controller is still crossed out in the software. Please can someone advise me. I'm running windows Vista.
    Thanks in advance.
    Regards ace.

2. ace

ace Member

Something else I noticed, is that after deciding to check my interface (USB Micro V1) firmware, it has V3.03 firmware on it.
    On this link: http://www.phoenix-showcontroller.de/en/support-en/updates-downloads/
    There seems to be a V3.04 firmware update - However when I download it & open it up to install, it too contains V3.03
    I'm really confused, why name it V3.04 when in reality it has V3.03 inside? Does it perhaps actually update to V3.04 even though it's file name is V3.03?
    I don't want to do firmware update to the same version number in case I do more harm than good.
    The interface was working perfectly with the original software that I installed off the installation cd.
    Any help or info to get my interface working with Live4.2 will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks again.

3. Daniel-Pangolin-Support

Daniel-Pangolin-Support Pangolin Support Staff Member

Dear Ace,

The solution is easy. Please reinstall Phoenix like that (every step is important):

0. Backup all your customized files and settings (if in doubt 'copy' the whole "C:\Program files (x86)\Phoenix Showcontroller" directory to another place)
    1. Deinstall Phoenix by Windows deinstall dialog
    2. After deinstallation delete the remaining directory "C:\Program files (x86)\Phoenix Showcontroller" (the whole directory)
    3. Install Phoenix as usual
    http://www.phoenix-showcontroller.de/en/support-en/updates-downloads/

Please also see this video for a new installation of the software:
    http://phoenix-showcontroller.de/tutorials/eng/new_installation.html

Thank you.

You can do the firmware update for the USB V1 interface to 3.04 even if the firmware name is 3.03 inside of the ZIP archive if you download it from the official Phoenix Showcontroller website.
    Note: As every firmware update on any hardware, it is on your own risk.

Kind regards
    Daniel

4. ace

ace Member

Hi Daniel.

Thank you for your reply.
    I will uninstall, delete remaining files & update as per your directions.
    I will let you know if this worked or not. (Holding thumbs)

Thanks again.

5. ace

ace Member

Just an update.
    I did as you said, it's now working again :) :)
    I also updated the firmware on the interface, and as you correctly said, it updated to 3.04
    So all is working beautifully. Now I've just got to learn how to use the software properly.
    Thank you so much for your help.

All the best Ace

6. david ives

david ives Member

7. Daniel-Pangolin-Support

Daniel-Pangolin-Support Pangolin Support Staff Member

Dear David Ives,

Thanks for the information. We will take care of it.

A new installation is very easy even without the video:

0. Backup all your customized files and settings (if in doubt 'copy' the whole "C:\Program files (x86)\Phoenix Showcontroller" directory to another place)
    1. Deinstall Phoenix by Windows deinstall dialog
    2. After deinstallation delete the remaining directory "C:\Program files (x86)\Phoenix Showcontroller" (the whole directory)
    3. Install Phoenix as usual
    http://www.phoenix-showcontroller.de/en/support-en/updates-downloads/

Kind regards

Daniel