Zone Hot Swapping

JD3

Question.

Say I have 5 FB3's, one for each projector.

And say i have 1 cue playing on the center 3 projectors and a different cue on the outer two projectors.

How can i swap, on the fly, those two cues.
So the outside cue goes to the center 3, and the cue that was on the center 3 jumps to the outside?

Id like to be able to do this Via a button created in Universe.
Also, if possible id like to create multiple buttons.
IE.
Swap
Swap every 2 beats
Swap every 4 beats
Swap every 8 beats
Swap every 16 beats
Swap off.

Im no scripting wiz, but i can figure out how to edit existing script.

thanks in advance for your help!

Hi JD3,

There are a few basic recommendations that will help to see what can be done. First of all, BEYOND play the Cue, it do not play the Projector. There is a Cue, and output of it can be directed to one or many Projectors. For making such this dynamically I recommend to take a look at Effects, click on Add button in Effect tab, and you will see Zone effects, and Zone chase. Routing (zone) oriented effects can be used at Cue or a Master level, by means of QuickFX. Routing effects can do a number of things, but not exactly what you want. There is one more detail.

BEYOND use “trackless trackâ€￾ conception that based on simple logic. When we start the Cue, BEYOND create a player for this cue. Player will used with this cue up to the moment when this cue will be stopped. This model has many positive sides, and well as the limitations. The positive side – the player is almost invisible for us, and BEYOND will create so many players as we want, and we do not need to take care about the players. The negative side – the players are almost invisible for us, and we can not operate with them directly. Yes, sounds like a paradox, but we have a solution that is in alpha state right now. The talk about “ProTracksâ€￾, what may be considered as a Cue player, or a similar construction to Track of LivePRO. It should be possible to organize the exchange of cues between ProTracks.

An alternative direction is using Effects that will reroute cue output from zone to zone. It is easy to organize with one cue, but might be problematic to find a universal solution for what you want to do. I recommend to play with Zone effects and see how it will work for you. In mean time we continue the development what will provide greater functionality for BEYOND software.

Thanks for good question!

Best Regards,

Alexey.

Hi JD3,

There are a few basic recommendations that will help to see what can be done. First of all, BEYOND play the Cue, it do not play the Projector. There is a Cue, and output of it can be directed to one or many Projectors. For making such this dynamically I recommend to take a look at Effects, click on Add button in Effect tab, and you will see Zone effects, and Zone chase. Routing (zone) oriented effects can be used at Cue or a Master level, by means of QuickFX. Routing effects can do a number of things, but not exactly what you want. There is one more detail.

BEYOND use “trackless trackâ€￾ conception that based on simple logic. When we start the Cue, BEYOND create a player for this cue. Player will used with this cue up to the moment when this cue will be stopped. This model has many positive sides, and well as the limitations. The positive side – the player is almost invisible for us, and BEYOND will create so many players as we want, and we do not need to take care about the players. The negative side – the players are almost invisible for us, and we can not operate with them directly. Yes, sounds like a paradox, but we have a solution that is in alpha state right now. The talk about “ProTracksâ€￾, what may be considered as a Cue player, or a similar construction to Track of LivePRO. It should be possible to organize the exchange of cues between ProTracks.

An alternative direction is using Effects that will reroute cue output from zone to zone. It is easy to organize with one cue, but might be problematic to find a universal solution for what you want to do. I recommend to play with Zone effects and see how it will work for you. In mean time we continue the development what will provide greater functionality for BEYOND software.

Thanks for good question!

Best Regards,

Alexey.

Could i get a similar effect by using VLJ, but if VLJ was able to run twice in the software...

Ie VJL runs on zone 1,2, and 3, and changes every 8 beats.
another VJL also runs on zones 4 and 5 and changes every 16 beats.

Is this possible to write with pango script?

I made this to select back and fourth between two Zone Routing effects i have in my QuickFX grid.
row 3,33 routes my 3 center zones to my outer two zones
Row 4,33 routes my 2 outer zones to my 3 center zones

Only issue is the two different cue's playing (one on center zones and one on outer zones) end up in the same zone. Even if i activate both effects at once.

Id like to have them both swap zones haha

Is there cue to zone routing? instead of just routing whats on the zone to another zone? so i can route active cue to different zones?

I really not good at code so its hard to wrap my mind around this.

OnChange:
// put your code below
FXClick 3,33
WaitForBeat 1,2
FXClick 3,33
WaitForBeat 1,2
FXClick 4,33
WaitForBeat 1,2
FXClick 4,33
WaitForBeat 1,2
FXClick 3,33
WaitForBeat 1,2
FXClick 3,33
WaitForBeat 1,2
FXClick 4,33
WaitForBeat 1,2
FXClick 4,33
StopOnBlackout 1

Restart

There are 3 levels of Live Control – Cue, Master, Zone. Each Cue has Live Control, same as each Zone, and there is one Master. You see buttons on top of Live Control Tab, and also at QuickFX tab. Buttons define what you control – master, cue or zone. FX is a part of Live Control. BEYOND calculate Live Control operations such as Size, Pos, Roto, Color (etc) and FX together, in same block. So, FX and LC are actually one thing.

There are PangoScript commands that allow select what to control. All commands from Live Control group use this setting. Setting is personal for each script, and change on one script do not modify other. Commands that define what LC (Live Control) will be used are:
ControlMaster
ControlCue
ControlZone
ControlSelZones
ControlSelCues

See more details html file embedded into PangoScript editor. By default the setting is ControlMaster.

Active Cue is (usually) selected, you may see it, such has has orange rectangle around.
OK, FXClick is command from LiveControl group and before it you can use ControlSelCues. Try how works different options.

I still think that in general case would ne easier to use ProTracks. Right now you can try to make it on Cue level, by means of ControlCue PageIndex, CueIndex --- see in PangoScript editor.

Best Regards,

Alexey.

Back