zoom 4595 problems

Discussion in 'Pangolin SMS and Virtual DJ Plugins' started by gatwickguy, Oct 10, 2012.

1. gatwickguy

gatwickguy New Member

Just bought the zoom 4595 modem...and not working well. The problem is that the zoom interface takes ages to connect the modem and then if through the night it loses signal it will reset the usbs ...on the computer.. and I use a MIDI controller for vdj..so what happens is the sound stops and the controller stops working...not very good...anyone else got this problem? I'm on windows 7 64bit...I'm also in the uk using the vodafone network...

2. Pangolin

Pangolin Staff Member

We have a new version of IMU which should be more resistant to modem problems. We keep the same link alive, so if you still have the email you received with the link to the software, you can use it again, download the latest software, and then go like that.

HOWEVER this will not completely solve your problem -- only make IMU more resistant to your problem. In reading what you wrote above, it seems to us that the problem is the USB Power portion of your computer. Modems that rely on USB for power can take more power than a computer is able to supply. We would recommend you add a "POWERED USB HUB" to your repertoire or simply use a different computer.

Best regards,

William Benner

3. gatwickguy

gatwickguy New Member

I'm sure its the modem software.. not imu... as you have to open the zoom software to get signal..then open imu.. but if it loses signal the zoom software resets and starts again...its this that resets the usbs...tried on computer and USB powered hub...but same thing happens.. going to try the phone route again...anyone got any good suggestions...I'm running windows 7 64 bit.. many thanks