Flipping a zone horizontally without flipping the BAM?

VexFX

I have 2 zones that I'm sending a single cue to, and I would like one of the zones to be mirrored horizontally. Applying a filter to the zone for horizontal mirroring or negative X scaling works great, and the image drawn in Beam Attenuation Mapping still aligns properly, however, the cursor is flipped so it no longer aligns with what it is being drawn. This would easily be fixed if the cursor did not inherit the filter. I'm also using "Geometric correction after BAM" which works well for what I'm doing.

Is there a better way to flip a source so the BAM cursor does not flip? It still needs to be a single cue, and not multi-cue, and ideally done on the zone and not the cues.

I did try physically flipping the Free-form Mesh, which successfully mirrors the cue, and drawing in the BAM works ok. With that method both the BAM image and the cursor are flipped, so drawing is a bit difficult but still possible. The issue there is I have masked and unmasked versions of the zone, and I often need to copy the geometric correction from the unmasked zone to the masked zone, however, this clears the BAM settings and undoes the mesh-based flipping.

Have you tried the Invert X checkbox inside the projector settings?

Attachments

• Scherm­afbeelding 2024-05-10 om 10.58.36.png
    Scherm­afbeelding 2024-05-10 om 10.58.36.png
    91 KB · Views: 2
In this case I just need to flip a single zone. The projector has many other zones that should not be flipped.

Back