MTC Timecode not triggering Timeline

MTC timecode is displaying in the preview window of BEYOND, and also updates a timestamp below the timeline as expected, but it doesn't play the timeline at all.

I've tried:

1. Enabling MTC timecode from show properties (right click on the timeline tab > show properties > time code input > enable incoming timecode > (set to add to incoming timecode, also tried subtract, and setting various offsets with no luck)).

2. Enabling TC on the top bar.

3. Tried settings > configuration > timecode in > set timecode routing to always to grid / automatic.
Set timecode types to Enable MIDI timecode. Both other options have been disabled (artnet timecode etc.)

I've followed this tutorial with no luck, the timeline still does not update: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1jY0zx-5AE

I seem to be doing everything correctly but cannot get the timeline to trigger as MTC timecode plays.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-09 110519.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-09 110519.png
    243.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot 2024-05-09 110640.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-09 110640.png
    15.3 KB · Views: 5
Did you setup the mtc device in the midi controller section? And what MTC device are you using?
The MTC device is setup as follows (please see the attached screenshots).
We're using an Obsidian NX Sync (LTC to MTC converter). We receive LTC from the show master via 3 pin XLR and convert it to MTC - it then connects via USB to the laptop running BEYOND.

This updates the MTC timecode (green text) in the preview window as expected.

Attachments

• midimonitor.png
    midimonitor.png
    19.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot 2024-05-09 111605.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-09 111605.png
    27.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot 2024-05-09 111706.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-09 111706.png
    36.9 KB · Views: 5
Hello Matthew,

I replied to your ticket but for forum use:
If you are seeing MTC in the preview window, that should be it; now that I look real close at the MIDI stats tab, I am concerned that the incoming TC data is an hour and four minutes. It may be that an offset is needed to bring that down.

I also see you are using build 1919, I am not sure if there were any MTC issues in that build. I do not remember any, but things can get reported "around" me so I don't see it. I sent you a link to our latest test build, 1945 which may also be the solution if an offset is not needed.

Back