Beyond running fine on Windows 8?

Stingray

Beta Tester
Hello,

I ordered a new laptop especially for using Lasershow and Lightshow software (ASUS K95VB-YZ051H - Core i7, 24GB RAM, SSD drive).

Now as I wanted to install Windows 7 (I don´t like Windows 8), there were problems while installing and ASUS support says "no Windows 7" on this laptop :mad:

So my question: will Beyond run fine on Windows 8 or do I have to expect any problems while working with Beyond under Windows 8?

Regards,
Reinhardt

Hi Reinhardt,

Such PC should work fine with BEYOND, good choice. Francesco use Asus Zen Book, Win 8, i7, etc, - it work fine. At present time I am not aware of any problem caused exactly by PC with Windows 8, if PC itself correspond to minimum requirements of BEYOND software. You choice is very good.

Best Regards,

Alexey.

Hi Alexey,

thank you for very fast answer :)

Yes, it´s the PC that you recommended me and it looks very good...

Ok, great, so I´ll start the next days...

Regards,
Reinhardt

i have 3 seperate PC's , running BEYOND with Windows 8.
2 systems with FB3's, 1 system with .NET,
No problems whatsoever, runs just as well as it did with Windows 7.

Requirements?

Where can the hardware requirements for different versions of Beyond be found? (I assume they are quite similar). I was thinking of upgrading a graphics card, but not sure if it's actually causing the framerate issues. Anyhow, couldn't find system requirements anywhere on pangolin.com.

Thanks

Where can the hardware requirements for different versions of Beyond be found? (I assume they are quite similar). I was thinking of upgrading a graphics card, but not sure if it's actually causing the framerate issues. Anyhow, couldn't find system requirements anywhere on pangolin.com.

Thanks

It's the complexity of the animation/shape/cue and your galvo's PPS that causes frame flickering. A video card might help with rendering the output on your monitor but even with a 5/10 yr old video card it will be faster than galvo's.

Read Bill's tips and tricks here for advice on how to correct flicking outputs: http://pangolin.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2770

For more info on faster scanners/galvo's: http://pangolin.com/50K_tests/Conclusions.htm

fyi: If you have a new question please start a new thread. The Hardware requirements for Beyond are in the first page of the manual:

The Manual said:
Dual-core processor is required

Unlike most of Pangolin's past developments, BEYOND uses the PC to do all of the laser calculations and processing, while output boards such as the QM2000 and FB3 are used only for color conversion and final laser output. Because of this, we recommend you use a dual-core processor (Intel Centrino Duo or Core 2 Duo or equivalent AMD) for best results.

Monitor resolution of 1024 by 768 or higher is recommended

BEYOND was designed to work with a single monitor with a resolution of 1024 by 768 or higher, or with more than one monitor. BEYOND will work with a lower resolution, but some of the features on the lower portion of the screen will be unavailable."

Back