Syncing to my music

julliuz

So my brother owns quickshow 3.0 , a 3watt laser and the required module.

I got it to run brilliantly with virtualdj plugin , really syncs well to the music BUT he is wondering how:
-Would it be possible to NOT use virtual dj on the same laptop (its clunky to switch between vdj and quickshow all night) but still sync to the music somehow ? The music is being played from a turntable/mix setup hooked up to an ipad/cd players with all the music on it.

Is there some way to fork the music signal into the laptop/audio input ? Or do I HAVE to go with the microphone ? if so, is it better to buy a better external mic because the internal mic clips and spazzes out on the loud beats!

So my brother owns quickshow 3.0 , a 3watt laser and the required module.

I got it to run brilliantly with virtualdj plugin , really syncs well to the music BUT he is wondering how:
-Would it be possible to NOT use virtual dj on the same laptop (its clunky to switch between vdj and quickshow all night) but still sync to the music somehow ? The music is being played from a turntable/mix setup hooked up to an ipad/cd players with all the music on it.

Is there some way to fork the music signal into the laptop/audio input ? Or do I HAVE to go with the microphone ? if so, is it better to buy a better external mic because the internal mic clips and spazzes out on the loud beats!

Its already possible to run VirtualDJ on another laptop, just install the laserbeat plugin, make sure that both computers are on the same network. The auto discovery of the laserbeat plugin and QuickShow or BEYOND should facilitate the rest. Meaning that they talk to each other over ethernet. No need for other wires.

Back