FB3 with multiple projectors?

Phredy1

Can Flashback 3 be used with more than 1 projector? (i.e. different input to each projector)

I would guess each projector needs it's own card and USB cable if it is possible.

Is there a limit to how many cards / projectors can be used at the same time?

TIA

Unfortunately this discussion requires further clarification because the Flashback 3 is not just one product -- rather, it is a series of products.

There is:

* Flashback 3 - SE (secure edition -- intended to be installed directly into a laser projector by OEMs)
* Flashback 3 - XE (external edition -- intended to be connected to a PC and used along with LiveQUICK and LivePRO software).
* Flashback 3 - QS (brand new version -- intended to be used with the new Lasershow Designer QuickShow software).

If you have the FB3 - SE, we can assume that this is directly inside of a laser projector. Now, lets say you have some number of laser projectors, each with its own FB3 - SE installed. LivePRO can currently control up to six of such FB3 - SE. Lasershow Designer QuickShow can probably control even more.

If you have a FB3-XE or FB3-QS, a single one of these may be connected to several laser projectors with a Y-cable, much like you can connect multiple speakers to a single "left" or "right" output on a stereo.

And, similar to above, you can have more than one FB3-SE or FB3-QS connected to a computer.

In any event, it is possible to control more than one laser projector with the various FB3 offerings. It's only a matter of how much flexibility you want, and whether or not you want to spend the money on additional FB3s, when it is possible that a simple Y-cable will work (as long as you are OK with the same visual coming out of both projectors at the same time).

Best regards,

William Benner

You explained perfectly what I needed to know.

For now I am going to use the Flashback 3 SE with it's own enclosure (due to limits of USB cable length) and ILDA cable to the RGB projector.

Someday I plan on adding 2 green projectors. Just adding more SE cards will make that simple.

Thank you~! :)

Hi, this is my first post here :), i came here from Photonlexicon, since this is more appropriate place to ask questions about Pangolin's products.
There is:

* Flashback 3 - SE (secure edition -- intended to be installed directly into a laser projector by OEMs)
* Flashback 3 - XE (external edition -- intended to be connected to a PC and used along with LiveQUICK and LivePRO software).
* Flashback 3 - QS (brand new version -- intended to be used with the new Lasershow Designer QuickShow software).

So QuickShow is out, so what about the Flashback 3 QS hardware? Because on >QS webpage< there is nothing specific said about which of Flashback3 boards u get.

FB3-QS should be released within a few months. We need to make changes within the QuickShow software to fully support the FB3-QS.

As always, all information about Pangolin developments can be found at the "What's new at Pangolin" page on our web site here:
http://www.pangolin.com/whatsnew.htm

Best regards,

William Benner

FB3 with 2 lasers

Hi,

I purchased the FB 3 exteral card (like cigarette box) with Quickshow.

The issue have is that when I try to connect 2 lasers units via a splitter the first one works but as soon as I plug the second in I get a beam with the correct movement of the select cue but the X axis seems to be squashed...so basically it is not the same as the other beam/laser

I have tested the splitter on another set of lasers and therefore this is not the issue..

Could it be that the FB 3 is not powerful enough or that there is an issue with my unit? Another issue may be that there is some setting on QD that I haven't activated...but I think this is unlikely.

ANY help would be appreciative.

-@

The FB3 conforms to the ILDA Spec and therefore if you are having a problem is must be with external hardware and not the FB3.

Sometimes mere words can't be used to describe problems or their solutions. One example is the post where a person was complaining that all output was a single color. The problem wound up being.... single color projector.

So there might be something obvious that is your problem, but the obviousness would not become obvious without lots and lots and lots and lots of words in emails back and forth... or just a single personal visit.

Pangolin will be in Frankfurt coming up in a few days. I'd recommend we meet there if you are close. We will also be at other tradeshows throughout the year. And lastly, there are Pangolin dealers located all around the world who might be able to help you.

Some times an in-person visit is the best way to solve problems. That way specialized test equipment can be used to determine and then solve the problem.

Best regards,

William Benner

FB3 + 2 lasers = x axis issue

Hi have done futher analysis....when I have one laser plugged in ...it works fine.

When I plug the 2 lasers in one of the lasers has the correct movement but the X axis is very very squashed and I can't adjust.

Could this be something with my laser unit which has this issue? In saying this...this laser unit works fine with FB3 on its own.

If you're still on here...

Did you ever get a resolution to your problem? I'm having the issue where my X-axis is squashed, But just off any of my projectors one at a time. Not connecting to others. It'd be cool to know what you figured out. Thanks!

Thanks!

I have the exact same issue with two lw DS-2000 RGB and one fb3. I have attached a photo so you can see the issue.

Was a solution found?
Thanks!!

Attachments

• 2xlaserworld-error-2.jpg
    2xlaserworld-error-2.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 8
Back