Cues stopping randomly when DMX triggered

Jose Luis

Hi, in the club where I work I managed to hook up quickshow with my enttec dmx usb pro to be able to trigger the laser cues from Sunlite (located now in a different computer, but willing to run both in the same computer).

I managed to create some scenes and everything looks cool, I can trigger the lights and the laser from my midi controller (AKAI APC MINI) which is the final goal, but there is a small problem, the cues randomly stop playing sometimes when I trigger them from the dmx software.

by sometimes I mean like 60% of the times, I press the dmx button created for the cue and plays it, and sometimes it lasts 3 seconds or some others last 30, while some other times it stays in a loop (staying in a continuous loop is what I want and it’s what the cues do if I trigger them by just clicking in quickshow or pressing the keyboard key)

Any ideas on what is happening?

thanks!!

What does the DMX monitor show at that point? Is the incoming DMX signal also changing when the cue stops playing?

What does the DMX monitor show at that point? Is the incoming DMX signal also changing when the cue stops playing?

Hi, the DMX monitor shows the cue starts as supposed, until the laser stops working and shows these two lines:

mode change to damBlackout [0 0 0 0 0 0...]
mode change to damBasic [here shows the previous cue loaded numbers]

any idea why it happens? Sometimes it takes 3 seconds, sometimes it will take 3 minutes to stop, sometimes just won’t (rarely)

This is breaking our workflow and I have no idea how to fix it :(

Thanks in advance!

Anyone? I’ll try further configurations or maybe DMX modes but idk, I thought it’d be a common fault

Did you check out the value of channel 14? is it indeed on "loop"?

https://wiki.pangolin.com/hardware:fb4:dmx16

Hi, I'll try that tonight at the club but I was running it in a lower channel mode (selecting it in the first channel) to avoid confusions (since I don't want to live tweak the laser, I just need to trigger the cues I previously prepared so they just stay "ON" until I click Blackout or another cue), I think I'm using 4 channel mode. As I tell you it's pretty random, sometimes the cue will last 2 minutes or 3 seconds, not sure what factor is defining that lenght each time.

I will also try to make like a chase or cycle in the DMX program within one cue, trying to tweak by 1 value the speed or any other channel to see if that "constant sending of info" makes the laser not forget about the DMX signal or go idle if that's what's happening.

Will update with results, THANKS!

Back