.NET Xp more stable than W7?

Hektek

Beta Tester
I've got a system running 24/7 with 4 PCs and 4 .NET rack mount intros. 2 PCs are running XP and 2 are running Windows 7. The XP systems have been running for days without a problem, but the 2 W7 machines drop the .NET boxes after several hours. The drops are temporary, because they pop right back up after relaunching Showtime.

Still need to go through and make sure there are no problematic settings in the W7 machines. But I thought I would check to see if there are any known issues with running .NET and Windows 7 for extended periods of time.

Anyone have any similar experiences, or solutions?

Pangolin has a "Windows 7 Network Fix" available for download on the main web site - it might be worth a try.

Hi there,

I don't think i have the same problem. i try to explain.

I have 1 pro and 2 intro versions. my laptop is running W7

These are connected by a network switch and one cable is to my laptop. this morning i worked with all 3 cards, not a problem.

after i shutdown showtime and started livepro, the cards were all 3 offline. by pressing de "attemt te reconnect" button, only the pro card was online again. after shutdown all cards and started them up again. only the pro was online. I tried everything. (another IP, unplug network cables, etc) but only the pro cards is online

By using the QMsniffer (for checking the status of the cards) all cards are online and react on ping request. but all pangolin programs tell me that pro is online, the 2 intro's offline.

I have a long time ago installed the W7 network fix

hope some one knows

All my cards stay online now. Also with long time use.
The cards have been tested for nearly 60 hours, no problem here.

I only gave the pc a new IP address and rebuild the whole network.
Maybe that will also work for others.

Installed the Win7 network fix, which didn't solve the problem. A few other network settings to try. But may just 'upgrade' to XP for simplicity.

Did you try to disable power management?
It could cause these problems, if your network card gets disabled or something like that.

I am running windows 7, for a long while now. I never had such problems.

But in my case i disabled uac and power management.

Sounds like a bit of simple answer:
But have you tried looking for a driver update for your network controller?
As lan is very reliable.

It looks like the problem is resolved by switching from the motherboard network connection to a network card. But it would be nice if Showtime could recover from a momentary network dropout like it does if there a momentary drop out of smpte timecode.

after i shutdown showtime and started livepro, the cards were all 3 offline. by pressing de "attemt te reconnect" button, only the pro card was online again.
Sometimes it helps to start Lasershow Designer or Showtime, exit the software and choose to clear all data from QM card. Because LivePro does not clear the runtime-system from the card - LD and ST can do that.

Another thing it sometimes works with similar problem - edit the
C:\windows\LD2000.ini file.

There should be a section like this:
[QM2000]
Number of boards=1
Scanner1Location=192.168.1.123
Scanner1SerialNumber=1234
Scanner1Enabled=1

Try adding lines for additional two cards. Sometimes things then magically start working.

Back