MIDI controller for QS?

AlexJ

Does anybody know some suitable and reliable MIDI controller for QS? I was thinking about AKAI APC 40 but it seams it's a little bit hard to make it work. OK, cue triggering is not crucial, any touch screen should be helpful but I would like to have real sliders and knobs. Any suggestion? Thank you in advance guys!

Does anybody know some suitable and reliable MIDI controller for QS? I was thinking about AKAI APC 40 but it seams it's a little bit hard to make it work. OK, cue triggering is not crucial, any touch screen should be helpful but I would like to have real sliders and knobs. Any suggestion? Thank you in advance guys!

I use a touchscreen laptop (ASUS) and a Korg nanoKontrol - works really well.

Yeah, I considered that device too, looks really nice. :) Have you spent some time for mapping?

It takes about half an hour to set up the sliders and knobs for live control. Though I like the look of the black one, the white version has the advantage that you can write on it with a Sharpie to remind you what the knobs do :)

Quite a few folk who use LivePro use this controller. Obviously quite a bit more expensive, but with a bit of software you can change what the LCD strip says. Probably overkill for QS and I am happy with the Korg. I have LivePro but it lacks the immediacy of QS. As for Beyond, there are quite a few possibilities there and if I do upgrade I may well purchase a controller liken this.

For added MIDI flexibility, I also run a piece of software, Bome's Midi Translator, which allows me to translate button presses on the Korg to discrete control values for QS. This is primarily for selecting laser colours. The software isn't cheap, but it is powerful. If you run that you also need a MIDI loopback device such as LoopBe1 (free, hurrah!)

I should add a disclaimer; I have only used the method that includes a wireless router to make the iPad to PC connection and not the ad-hoc way.

Have you checked for any issues that Windows might be causing? I have a feeling Windows 7 might throw a few roadblocks up.

I should add a disclaimer; I have only used the method that includes a wireless router to make the iPad to PC connection and not the ad-hoc way.

Have you checked for any issues that Windows might be causing? I have a feeling Windows 7 might throw a few roadblocks up.

Yeah I fought for an afternoon with Win7, probably didn't try everything but to be honest, I use a touchscreen lappy anyway so I was only having a go for the novelty value :)

I think I actually may have something to 'Give Back'. I finally got the Ipad MIDI to talk with QS. It took quite a bit of messin around and I'm still not to the point of writting up a line by line set of instructions; however, it's coming.

Peace!

Back