Old Skool Rave Laser Animations

PhillD

Beta Tester
Hi,

Does anyone know where I could download a set of laser frames that would look like the older beam shows you would get in nightclubs back in the early 2000's? I've been searching beyond for them but I just can't come up with the classic types of fans, tunnels and beam animations that you used to see.

Any pointers (no pun intended) would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Hi, PhillD!
Have you watched to content of the "FB4 Beam Content Pack 1.0 Workspace workspace.BeyondWorkspace"?
It is installed in the Workspaces subfolder during the installation of the complete Beyond package.

I will take a look at the workspace. I did find a Beam Expansion Pack in the Beyond 5.1 Workspace but I'm not sure if I imported it from Beyond 2.0 or if it was already part of 5.1. I only updated to 5.1 (from version 2.0) 2 days ago and i have a show on Saturday so I'm having to do a lot of work in a very short timeframe.

The FoD4 footage brought back memories. That was done by Oracle Lasers using the old Oracle Laser Controller. I remember setting them up at FOH. One mast computer and 3 to 4 slave computers all running the same DOS program. Then sending everything to stage via a heap of DB50 cables. Not to mention, inverters, exciters and water pumps lol

Any way back to your question. Beyond has a statics page, which can be manipulated to create the looks you are trying to achieve using the Live Control Tab.

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out.. I am happy to provide more info on how to use stock pango cues to make them look ravey.

I am based in Sydney Au, however do a lot of shows overseas in the EU and North America.

Have a look at the link below to see a show I did in SoCal for Dreamstate. Live operating using a combination of stock cues and custom cues.
Dreamstate USA

Igor,

Apologies for the music but this video gives you an idea of the type of effects I am trying to recreate.

FoD4 Field of Dreams 4 1996 Old School Rave - Sydney, kinda - YouTube
RAVE LASER SHOW 1 - YouTube

They are simple compared to what Beyond is capable of but, I still can't find any pre-build cues really match the individual animations and laser beam styles that are used.

Last edited:
Back