How to sync a cue to a rhythm?

-V-

Sorry in advanced if this has been asked, or even covered in any of the support documents, but I can't seem to find and answer to this.

I'm working on a timeline show and I want to create a cue that follows a rhythm, like a lead synth melody, and have it move left to right on each note. I know that I could create key effect and manually set the geometric position on every note for that, but that is very time consuming, and not always accurate.

Is there a way to use a midi controller or even just the keyboard to "tap" in the melody? Or is there some other effects or functions that I am unaware of? I am fairly new to Beyond and want to start making more elaborate shows.

Hello, friend! Do you know about the parameters of the show that can solve your problem?
View attachment 1755

You can read about it in more detail here
https://wiki.pangolin.com/doku.php?id=quickshow:timeline_bpm&s []=follow&s[]=system&s[]=bpm

Yes, I know about this. What I am looking for is to follow a rhythm that is following different notes in a measure, for example:
Capture.PNG

I can set the timeline bpm to 140, and I want to make a cue move left to right one each note.

This is a manual thing and how exactly you want it to work will make a difference to how you go about it. Here are some tips to make it easier.

Assuming you have your audio track on the timeline (even if you are later running from timecode - it's often easier to program with the audio on the timeline), you can tap in marker points either by clicking the Alpha Keys icon under the timeline (then pressing different keys for colours) or pressing enter button while playing the timeline and then zoom in and move those markers to the exact point. You can snap to markers by clicking a magnet at the bottom of the timeline. Going to Tools and checking Audio Scroll will scrub the audio for exact audible placement. Right click the time display above the tracks names column and select 100 gives you a higher resolution for positioning in timelines.

You seem to want the exact same thing to happen on each beat and this will repeat for however many bars - so get your time markers for one bar, make your effect then copy and paste it to each marker. Then just highlight what you just did and copy - paste to the next bar.

Hopefully this screen shot helps. The red markers represent a bar, orange is each beat

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-14 094118.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-01-14 094118.jpg
    264.1 KB · Views: 23
This is a manual thing and how exactly you want it to work will make a difference to how you go about it. Here are some tips to make it easier.

Assuming you have your audio track on the timeline (even if you are later running from timecode - it's often easier to program with the audio on the timeline), you can tap in marker points either by clicking the Alpha Keys icon under the timeline (then pressing different keys for colours) or pressing enter button while playing the timeline and then zoom in and move those markers to the exact point. You can snap to markers by clicking a magnet at the bottom of the timeline. Going to Tools and checking Audio Scroll will scrub the audio for exact audible placement. Right click the time display above the tracks names column and select 100 gives you a higher resolution for positioning in timelines.

You seem to want the exact same thing to happen on each beat and this will repeat for however many bars - so get your time markers for one bar, make your effect then copy and paste it to each marker. Then just highlight what you just did and copy - paste to the next bar.

Hopefully this screen shot helps. The red markers represent a bar, orange is each beat

Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for. I never really gave time markers much though, and now I realized just how useful they are.

Back