with 2x qm2000 net have low framerate

Richi

about using 2 qm2000.net and only play simple animations (example atmospherics Q) and if it out to 2 Scanners at same time framerate very low.
Network is ok and works with gigabit switch

Richi

Win7 64bit right. Networkfix have no effect.
With livepro works better, only if you have 2x Grafik shows.
But with Beyond you have 1/2 lower framerate.
Only with .net

I don't really know how to fix this.
Didn't had this problem.

You can wait here (at the forums) or send Pangolin a mail.
They have very good support by mail!

probably they know a solution.

about using 2 qm2000.net and only play simple animations (example atmospherics Q) and if it out to 2 Scanners at same time framerate very low.
Network is ok and works with gigabit switch

Richi

Could you post a video of what you are experiencing?

Can you advise what BEYOND build you are using?

Ok i do this next weekend. I have it testet with different Computers. Macbook Pro with Win7 64bit, Notebook with Win XP 32bit, and other Desktop with Win7 64bit. Networks with 100Mbit and 1Gbit, sixcore Processors, network utilization very low with 1-2% at 1Gbit network.

Best regards Richi

Ok i do this next weekend. I have it testet with different Computers. Macbook Pro with Win7 64bit, Notebook with Win XP 32bit, and other Desktop with Win7 64bit. Networks with 100Mbit and 1Gbit, sixcore Processors, network utilization very low with 1-2% at 1Gbit network.

Best regards Richi

Sounds good; let me know what build of BEYOND you are using also. :D

We've done in-house testing and we are not able to reproduce what you are talking about.

HOWEVER, the current version of BEYOND that is released to the public is not as smooth as BEYOND running on an FB3. A newer version that uses a different method of communicating with QM2000 will be smoother, and will be released as part of the 2.0 update.

But again, we've done in-house testing and we don't see "half the frame rate". Sure, there is some reduction in smoothness with the current version, but not half...

Please write to us directly by email and let us know the version of BEYOND you are using.

Best regards,

William Benner

Video are very big. I have now only 2 Screenshots.
Not smooth output over network.

Attachments

• 1projektor over network.jpg
    1projektor over network.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 2projektor over network.jpg
    2projektor over network.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 30
Can you post the videos on YouTube? It might be helpful if you could send us your workspace or a few of the graphic frames you experiencing problems with.

i have no youtube account.
Workspace is default, only outputzones changed.
At this attachment you can see in standby the framerates.
If zones added to make same output to 1 .net and FB3, then speed dont change. If zones added to make same output to 2x .net then speed change dramaticaly.
Same results with all 3 different computers. 2 different networkwitch testet.

Attachments

• standby.jpg
    standby.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 24
i have no youtube account.
Workspace is default, only outputzones changed.
At this attachment you can see in standby the framerates.
If zones added to make same output to 1 .net and FB3, then speed dont change. If zones added to make same output to 2x .net then speed change dramaticaly.
Same results with all 3 different computers. 2 different networkwitch testet.

I too have the same issue, but worse - with 3 x QM.net units.
The issue is nothing to do with the network (I can replicate the fault by putting the 3 x PCI cards in to a PC).
It is my understanding that the team have been working to rehashing how the software communicates with the card. Assuming that a lot of the maths processing is now host-based versus on-card in Beyond, they may be using a wrapper to drive the system as per LD2000 which has proved inefficient under load??

TiMBO

Yes, the frame rate reported by BEYOND may *appear* to be half, but it really is not. The frame rate itself (i.e. the rate at which the laser is being refreshed) is normal. However, the way in which BEYOND communicates with the QM2000 has not been optimized. It works fairly well with a single QM2000, but when you add multiple QM2000s, there is a loss in smoothness. We are working on that right now.

As Aaron indicated above, the output is very smooth with the FB3, and it will be smooth with multiple QM2000s once the communication has been optimized.

Best regards,

William Benner

Need a LIKE button for the above post.
Cheers for the good news!

My tests have shown that the frame rate indicator is in fact not too far off - especially when three QM2000.net are being used. Obviously impossible for me to say precisely, but it certainly gives a fair indicator as to how the output is performing (or not!).

i have also to this problem wen i work with 4 ld2000 scanners (2-ld 2000.net and 2 inside of my pc ) and i not see the scaner rate way???

On an FB3, that rate is the actual refresh rate on the laser, so it gives you an indication of when things will be flickering. On a QM2000, due to the sub-optimal way in which we currently communicate between BEYOND and the QM2000, that rate indicates the rate at which the QM2000 is consuming data from BEYOND, and has nothing to do with the refresh rate on the laser.

Actually, a much more useful display will be the number of points, not the FPS, since that will always be accurate regardless of the hardware being used. If you right-click in this area, you will see that you can choose between FPS and Points currently being output.

Best regards,

William Benner

Back