BEYOND License IS in folder but still no BEYOND-

And I know of others having same issue.. unhappy campers.

A bit vague...

I've used several different releases of Beyond with both QM and FB3 boards, without issue.

Was your hardware working OK with your other Pangolin apps?

Also, did you confirm your Beyond license file matches the serial number for the connected hardware?

A bit vague...
okay-After installing I tried to open Beyond and got the promt telling me to place the license into the Beyond folder- I sent both to desktop and used cursor to drag the license into the folder. After I did that it was still giving me the same reply- hope that is less vague. This started happening about 10 days ago. I have never been able to get past that point, my FB3 was connected when trying to open Beyond..
I've used several different releases of Beyond with both QM and FB3 boards, without issue.
I have QS & fb3
Was your hardware working OK with your other Pangolin apps?
just fine until last night- I wanted to work in QS and got the 'incorrect date' message- but the date is correct-- rebooting several times made no change. so for now I have no Pangolin SW that will open .

Also, did you confirm your Beyond license file matches the serial number for the connected hardware?

sorry but that, for me, is too vague.

could you give me that in laymans[dummies version-lol] terms please.

TY VR Len

Last edited:
Len -

The license file is actually a special BMP (picture) file -

It can be opened and viewed by just about any program you might have that can open clipart, photos, etc. (just don't save any changes to the file when you open it!!)

When you open the file, you can clearly see the serial number of the card (QM2000 or FB3) that the license applies to. That specific serial-numbered piece of hardware needs to be connected and active (proper drivers, etc.) the first time you run BEYOND.

Also, with the FB3, you may be prompted to update the firmware the first time you connect - go ahead and do that. Depending on the age of your FB3 and compatible apps, you might need updates to the apps to match the firmware (easily accomplished via an e-mail through the Pangolin tech support web link...).

:)

Indeed, the license.bmp needs to be in the same folder as beyond.

However, i understand that you have more than 1 license file.

If you run setup.exe from beyond, and in that same directory, where the setup.exe is located, you also have the license.bmp files saved, it will overwrite the current license file that is in the destination directory.

Make sure you install beyond and then copy the license.bmp file manually into the directory to make sure you use the right license.bmp file.

OK not sure I am understanding all this...
My number of my FB3 is the same as my Beyond License except for a missing zero that is on my FB.3. so it does seem to be the correct/matching numbers.
[/I]
I really appreciate all the help even if I am unable to use it.
I wish I was trying to be humorous asking for the dummies version.. but it was not meant to be funny- I learned alot about computers at KSU so if they ever bring back the cards with holes I am good on that. After graduation in 1970 I gave PCs little thought for nearly 20 years- I was never thinking they would go out of fashion just did well w/o out using them..

most these days lack the patience needed to help an old codger like me..

:sillylol:

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,duh...........

thanks both randy and bob...

QUOTE=Stuka;4301]Len -

The license file is actually a special BMP (picture) file -

It can be opened and viewed by just about any program you might have that can open clipart, photos, etc. (just don't save any changes to the file when you open it!!)
i tend to not want to lose anything important so my SOP it to save changes i may have already done that--sry.

When you open the file, you can clearly see the serial number of the card (QM2000 or FB3) that the license applies to. That specific serial-numbered piece of hardware needs to be connected and active (proper drivers, etc.) the first time you run BEYOND.

and say i had not done that- about two weeks have passed and i have slept since then so i have no idea what i did then--

Also, with the FB3, you may be prompted to update the firmware the first time you connect - go ahead and do that. Depending on the age of your FB3 and compatible apps, you might need updates to the apps to match the firmware (easily accomplished via an e-mail through the Pangolin tech support web link...).
mmm okay-- just tell me the steps & i will try anything

However as QS now no longer opens maybe that issue needs a fix first-- I keep getting the prompt telling me the date on my PC is wrong- & i beg to differ..i have restarted several times already.. ===how could the above NOT be more than 10 characters?? I dont think PCs like me..

:)[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Back