Catalog only 16,000 frames

Raider

I have 2 cards QM2000 and LaserShow Designer on different computers.
The board intro I can create a show with a catalog of 50,000 frames.
The board BASIC I can create a show with only 16,000 frames.
Why so little, why is it depends.
Help me.

Last edited by a moderator:
By default, LD2000 only offers around 16,000 frames. If you want more, you need to manually edit your LD2000.INI file. Normally this file is found in the Windows folder, but unfortunately if you use VISTA or later, there are actually two LD2000.INI files -- one that Microsoft creates and then tries to hide from everyone, and one in the Windows folder.

You will find an entry called "Number of frames", and you can change that to any number up to 64000. For the hidden LD2000.INI file, you will need to look for

"C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Windows\LD2000.INI"

Copy this file to the Windows folder, replacing the one that is there, and then it should work.

Note that Microsoft makes AppData a hidden folder, so you would need to type it in yourself, or make sure your "Folder Options" are set to show hidden folders.

ok, thansk for answer. i wiil try.

QUOTE=Aaron@Pangolin;5686]By default, LD2000 only offers around 16,000 frames. If you want more, you need to manually edit your LD2000.INI file. Normally this file is found in the Windows folder, but unfortunately if you use VISTA or later, there are actually two LD2000.INI files -- one that Microsoft creates and then tries to hide from everyone, and one in the Windows folder.

You will find an entry called "Number of frames", and you can change that to any number up to 64000. For the hidden LD2000.INI file, you will need to look for

Copy this file to the Windows folder, replacing the one that is there, and then it should work.

Note that Microsoft makes AppData a hidden folder, so you would need to type it in yourself, or make sure your "Folder Options" are set to show hidden folders.[/QUOTE]

i have WINDOWS 7, what i make?

By default, LD2000 only offers around 16,000 frames. If you want more, you need to manually edit your LD2000.INI file. Normally this file is found in the Windows folder, but unfortunately if you use VISTA or later, there are actually two LD2000.INI files -- one that Microsoft creates and then tries to hide from everyone, and one in the Windows folder.

Note that Microsoft makes AppData a hidden folder, so you would need to type it in yourself, or make sure your "Folder Options" are set to show hidden folders.

Hi!
i change it in LD200.ini but number of frames remained the same 16000

ok, thansk for answer. i wiil try.

QUOTE=Aaron@Pangolin;5686]By default, LD2000 only offers around 16,000 frames. If you want more, you need to manually edit your LD2000.INI file. Normally this file is found in the Windows folder, but unfortunately if you use VISTA or later, there are actually two LD2000.INI files -- one that Microsoft creates and then tries to hide from everyone, and one in the Windows folder.

[/QUOTE]

Another problem, perhaps they are interrelated.
I install LD2000 in drive d, but then removed and installed on drive C.
Now every time you start it gives me a message as shown below.

i open file LD2000.ini and replaced all the way with D on C .
but the problem remained. what can I do?

You have to make sure BOTH files are changed. I change one, say the one in the "Windows" main folder, then copy/paste it to the other location (the one hidden by Windows) replacing the existing file. Once both files are the "same" the changes will work.

Back