Controlling a haze machine

smokeAndMirrors

The remote that comes with my haze machine is not very long, and that gives me some logistic problems when setting up as it has to be close to me and so can annoy audience members if they're in my vicinity. So I'd like to control it by DMX through Beyond.

Problem: I need to be able to trigger the machine at any time, so if I put a DMX cue in to do that, I will probably stop the current laser cue from playing if I'm in "Single Cue" mode. Is there a way I can control the hazer without affecting whatever is currently being played back?

Just leave the QuickDMX tab available with the hazer channel ready to be used and click "Show it now" when you want the hazer to haze. :cool:

Additional method is Universe at rightside tabs, and a Button inside it. Button can use one single PangoScript command - DmxOut()

The same command can be activated from MIDI to PangoScript, or Keyboard to PangosScript, or some other place, it depends on what you want to use as "input".

Additional method is Universe at rightside tabs, and a Button inside it. Button can use one single PangoScript command - DmxOut()

The same command can be activated from MIDI to PangoScript, or Keyboard to PangosScript, or some other place, it depends on what you want to use as "input".

Awesome, sounds just like what I want - thanks again Alexey!

I just use pangoscript to assign the control to a rotary encoder on my apc, and then can individually control left and right foggers via the apc.. Works very well..

You can find the EntTecs fairly cheap. I just scored a musicians bundle on eBay with about 15 DMX cables, mics, dimmers, and an EntTec for about 200 bucks, so good deals on these come up. I see them going for about $150 on eBay normally.

reviving this thread, I'd like to have a slider in my universe that sends a DMX value 0-255 to my hazer located on enttec DMX channel 1.

How do I reference the value of the slider and pass it as a parameter to the dmxout() command?

Edit: Figured it out. Edit slider min/max values and point it at the DMX object. It's 0 indexed, so had to subtract 1 from channel # to activate. Carry on!

Last edited:
Bob gave me this script to use:

DmxOut 1, extvalue(0,255)

where dmxout 1 = the dmx channel
and extvalue = the value of the slider/pot
and (0,255) = the range it needs to trigger.

Back