Digitizing tablet in Beyond

Hektek

Beta Tester
I looked around in Beyond and the help files for info on using a Wacom tablet for digitizing frames like in LD, and it appears to not be implemented yet. Any help or info on digitizing tablet support?

Also if I create frames in Beyond can I export them to use in Showtime? It looks like the only save option is .bani.

I will have to get back to you on the Wacom tablet support; I am not aware of any support for any drawing peripherals. I'll ask Bill to see if any future support is expected.

As for the BEYOND exporting, there is no avenue to export BEYOND frames; I believe this is due to the way BEYOND draws differently compared to LD2000 but will have to verify with Bill.

I have a Wacom Bamboo tablet, this seems to work fine in Beyond. It works via USB, so Beyond just sees it as a mouse or similar.

That may be ok for drawing a frame or two. But in LD the tablet integration allows the entire tablet to map to the drawing window, which is important for digitizing animation frames that register to each other.

Any news about the Wacom tablet integration in Beyond?

We would like to create logos and to "force" a blanking path following our drawing and not allowing Beyond creating its own (wich seems to be illogical) to avoid the logo flickering.

Do you have a solution? Or maybe we don't use Beyond as we should... :confused:

Hi Guys,

Regarding Wacom/WinTab. Support of digitizing tablet directly currently has a low priority because of a few reasons. As soon as time will allow we will work it. Right now we working on a solid build and release of BEYOND 2.0. After that it will be possible to work on new things. As a developer I thank you for understanding.

Regarding *.bani. BEYOND has 3 Frame editor, and one of them, the one that use bani format will be blocked. “Frame Editorâ€￾ and “Frame Editor Newâ€￾ use other frame object and file formats. I checked, both editors offer saving in BFRM and LDS formats.

Pay attention that BFRM contain a lot of specific data and LDS should be used be used for export purpose only. For using inside BEYOND please use BFRM.

Best Regards,

Alexey.

We would like to create logos and to "force" a blanking path following our drawing and not allowing Beyond creating its own (wich seems to be illogical) to avoid the logo flickering.
:confused:

I recommend to take a look at Frame Editor New. There are tools for points and vectors. Between points BEYOND do not insert anything, and display them as it is. If you want control blanking path yourself - user "points".

Let me know if I do not understand some details.

Best Regards,

Alexey.

Back