Abstraction Editor / Audio in FFT for amplitude / period?

tribble

Received my Beyond box yesterday, installed version 588 off of the included disc, and am having fun learning the ropes!

Some questions about the abstraction editor:

There is an "Audion in frequency (fft)" option for control input for period and amplitude, but I can't get it to do anything, either while playing music in another app, or adding a file to the Timeline and playing it from within Beyond. How do I apply fft information to the abstract?

Also, is there a way to save the abstract back to the cue? I'm saving the abstract to a file and then re-importing it in to the cue each time.

There is an "Audion in frequency (fft)" option for control input for period and amplitude, but I can't get it to do anything, either while playing music in another app, or adding a file to the Timeline and playing it from within Beyond. How do I apply fft information to the abstract?

I finally got this to work by going to the 'audio' tab and enabling an input. Other questions still stand, tho.

Having a blast so far!

Yes, right, for "audio in" use Audio tab.
For making a cue with the Shape, Abstract and so on - use context menu of Cue, the top most command is Create ->. If Cue has some content, then context menu offer command "Edit...". No need to use files.

Best Regards,

Alexey.

Back