I noticed 3 bug BEYOND690

hello

I noticed 3 bug

- view menu ---> Cue-->>>

-Empty coner
-Maintain square appearance of cues
the option remains green can not go back

-U-Max not close this page , force to close the full program

I tested these three in build 691 and they seem to act as they should to me. One thing to note is that each of those options are one of three that can be selected. If you choose another option the "green" dot moves when the option selection is changed.

I can also close the UMAX window with Alt+F4; have you tried this?

good morning
ops

- option the "green"
it works
as I did not try choosing another
I'm used to check or uncheck

- UMAX
I just tested with Alt + F4 it works
I only use f4

I apologize

if you see the circle/round - it means only one option can be selected. As a rule, such menu items are separated into the group.

ALT key show the main window. This is standard Windows reaction.
ALT-F4 close window. This is standard Windows reaction too.

Best regards,
Alexey

Beyond 690 - Export cue tool

Sorry for disturb...

Export cue tool seems to have a problem... I tried to export a cue from a page, selecting all available otpions (talking about "security", the new feature inside export tool).... No results...
Export window remains "black" and "empty" while export operation (usually it show the animation of the cue which is exporting).

File exported, when loaded, is empty. :(

Maybe I forgot some setting or I done something wrong?

Thanks.:)

Steve Milani from Italy

The output frame is "black" if ANY of security setting do not allow export.

There are multiple places where you can set the security. There are complex combinations like multiple tracks where each Event(Frame) has own security. In such cases BEYOND need to make a decision how to combine the settings. Result depends on exact combination. In general - if some frame block the export, then frame will be black. This is not a "bug". This is indeed complex situation with multiple combinations.

One more important thing - export Frames/Images to LDS that use BEYOND security model. BEYOND model has many options that can not be "fitted" into LDS format.

Steve, ensure that you use build 690 or newer.

Best Regards,
Alexey

There are multiple places where you can set the security. There are complex combinations like multiple tracks where each Event(Frame) has own security. In such cases BEYOND need to make a decision how to combine the settings. Result depends on exact combination. In general - if some frame block the export, then frame will be black. This is not a "bug". This is indeed complex situation with multiple combinations.

One more important thing - export Frames/Images to LDS that use BEYOND security model. BEYOND model has many options that can not be "fitted" into LDS format.

Best Regards,
Alexey

Hi Alexey
Thanks for your answer.:)
I'm alredy working with Beyond v.690.
Others older version have not this export "problem"....
As I wrote, maybe (surely...) I wrong something...:(
Anyway...
Here is a link to a short video I done to show you the problem.
https://vimeo.com/118811692
I created a brand new cue and then I tried to export it....
I done the same way used until today with old versions of Beyond and everything has gone fine (until now...):eek:

Excuse me for disturb I'm giving you.

Regards:)
Steve

Same problem as Steve!

Best Regards,
Alexey

Hello ENOT,
I have came accross the same problem as Steve,I have no idea where I have the wrong choice.
I have try this:I draw a circle in the frame editor(Advanced),and then put the circle into the timeline,with no effect given.Then output show...,with the default selection of the parameters.Output successfully.
But when I open the LDS file with Beyond,SHOWTIME,QuickShow,the LDS' frames are black.
I puzzled.....Please help me.:(

Plus:I use beyond690,ld2000 5,21,QS 2.5
I have tried beyond667 to open the show build by beyond690,It didn't work.But the BEYOND667 export other show is normal and good.

Thank you.;)

Hi Steve,

It would be great to check this file. Please send to me if you can.

Best Regards,

Alexey.

Sorry, I know what it is, thanks for video. I was sure that we talk about show export, and did a port too soon. Build 690 has this problem. Steve,I wilt send you the latest for a test. And, a general advice. If you plan export to LDS, then use LDS security scheme.

Regards,
Alexey.

Want a copy which fixed the problem!

Sorry, I know what it is, thanks for video. I was sure that we talk about show export, and did a port too soon. Build 690 has this problem. Steve,I wilt send you the latest for a test. And, a general advice. If you plan export to LDS, then use LDS security scheme.

Regards,
Alexey.

Hello Alexey,
If you have fixed the problem and updated the bright new BUILD690, please send me a copy too,thank you very much.
My mail box: 93053858@qq.com

Sincerely,;)
Alexhu

Not the end solution!

Regards,
Alexey.

Hello ENOT,the Beyond build697 has been received.Thank you.
After I have tested the function,it work fine in Beyond,but the LDS file can not be work on LD2000 V5.21 and QS2.5,Even the serial frames was done by myself.I want to know why.
And if the LDS file only work in Beyond,Then the 'export show...' function has no reason.
Please reply me back whether I had wrong operation.
Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
Alexhu

And the frame editor(Advanced..) in beyond saved as LDS file(Of course I have draw a frame) ,and then I load it into LD2000 5.21, 'wrong types of file' point out,the frame is black,but in Beyond is OK.
The phenomenon has never appeared in Beyond build 667.
Tell me why,thank you.

Alexhu

Hey Alex, BEYOND works best with LD2000 version 5.5. You may have better results if you request the 5.5 update from our updates page: http://www.pangolin.com/UpdateFiles.htm.

Hello Aaron,
Thank you for your reply.
Actually,I have tried LD2000 V5.5,the LDS files saved by V5.5 can not opened by V5.21 or lower.This would come accross a problem and hudge work.Many clients with few operate experience has lower version software,if I do a laser animation for one of the clients,he must update the software first.This would come across a lot of problem to the clients.
So,recently,I still use V5.21 other than V5.5,the show's compatible is much better.=)

Alexhu

Actually, everyone should update to the latest version to be able to take advantage of new features and compatibility with new products (BEYOND).

It is my understanding that, at some point, LD2000 version 5.5 (and later) is the only version of LD2000 that will be able to open content created in BEYOND (or QS). This may be the case now meaning you and your client's only solution is to update to LD2000 5.5. It should not be too much work to supply your clients with a link to our updates page when you send them content. At some point, everyone will be updated and there will be no more of these version compatibility issues.

Back