How can I layer a laser with a video projection?

alwitra

Hi, I saw a laser show on youtube where the laser show was layered with a video from a projector. I am wondering if this is possible to do in the Beyond program. If so, please link me to a tutorial or explain how to do so. Thank you!

You will need to set up your video projector to be an independent display within Windows. Add an Emulaser to BEYOND from the Laser and Emulaser controller hardware manu (under Settings). When you exit this menu a new window will pop up; this is the window you will maximize to your video projector by right clicking on the window and selecting "Full Size on Monitor N". Then assign the Video Projector to a Projection Zone, making sure you have laser content routed to that Zone, and you are good to go. :cool:

I just re-read this and I may have mis-understood what you are after. Do you want to emulate a laser with a video projector or do laser overlaying video? :confused:

For laser over video, a video window will open when you place a video media file on the BEYOND timeline. Just as with the EmuLaser, you will right click on this window and select which monitor you want to expand it on. Then, point your laser projector to the same projection surface and use the Projection Zone Setting's Geometric Correction Free Form Mesh feature to line your laser zone up with your video projection.

I figured everything out, but im having a little bit of a problem... When I combine the laser with the video and watch it full screen, the masking is stretched from a circle to oval. If you know the solution, please help me out, thanks!

Thanks alot! I managed to figure it out :) But now ive run into another problem... When viewing the masking with the video on large screen, there is a smaller screen under the bigger screen. If you know a solution to this problem, please tell me, thanks!

I think this might be part of the video aspect options found in the "Event" tab (to the right under the preview window) when your video is selected/highlighted. There are 3 or 4 options like strech and maintain aspect. Try each of those settings to see what looks best with your video.

Back