Zone rotation and Attenuation Mapping

m0f

I had a lot of difficulty setting attenuation mapping on rotated zones.

Regardless of the setting of calculate bam's before or after geometric correction. When the zone is rotated, the bam rotates as well.

So for example if a zone is rotated 45 degrees, one must make a 45 degree gradient in attenuation mapping in order to get the audience zone (at the bottom) properly mapped. Which makes it very difficult. Would be much easier if map could be set with traditional gradient lowest power at the bottom and when zone is rotated map would stay put.

And it seems to be this way regardless of the calculate before or after setting. So I'm not sure if this is a bug or by design. If there's an easier way, would love to know how!

Thanks,

Miles

Hey Miles; I just tested this and do not see a problem.

When I rotate my zone 45 degrees, put a BAM on the lower half of the image, then click calculate BAM after geometric correction, I get the lower left corner of the image attenuated, which at a 45 degree angle is the bottom most part of the projected area.

I have attached a few screen shots and a picture of my testing settings and results to verify I am testing what you are looking at/for.

Attachments

• BAM1.jpg
    BAM1.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 27
  • BAM2.jpg
    BAM2.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMAG1358.jpg
    IMAG1358.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 22
Hi Miles,

Problem not reproduced. Ensure that you use build 588. Do not hesitate to contact us if you see any problem. Detailed instruction that can help reproduce the problem are very appreciated.

Alexey.

Thanks both of you. Exactly what I was looking for.

I'm not sure what my problem was, for some reason no matter what I tried the map followed the 45 degree angle. It was during setup for a show and I was in a bit of a rush so I didn't get a chance to fully diagnose it. I was very time limited and just tried it both calculate before / calculate after with no change in behaviour, and in the end just mapped the entire zone down to suit.

The show actually ended up postponed due to flight delays, so this saturday I'll have a chance to revisit the same setup and hopefully have more time to get to the bottom of it.

I'll be sure to follow up with my results.

Thanks again for the help.

Miles

About rotation zone, can you please make it in degrees? 0-360, its not comfortable use it in -100 - +100 percents. Thanks.

About rotation zone, can you please make it in degrees? 0-360, its not comfortable use it in -100 - +100 percents. Thanks.

If its done on a midi controller, you can change it your self by adjusting the pangoscript that is running on the button.

Back