Animation in the Advanced Frame Editor

Garrett_502

I'm interested to know how this actually works? The AFE is still kind of a mystery to me. I understand the basic concepts and tools for creating and manipulating frames, but I'm really at kind of a loss regarding animation of frames. Any help would be appreciated.

Its like traditional animation.
Draw one frame and draw another one with slightly different position :)
Requires animation/drawings skills unless you digitize frames by hand then it requires consistancy and precision and a bit of artistical vision when it comes to fading and color.

You can also morph between frames, draw one frame then copy it then move points and then turn on morphing.

When drawing and not digitizing I recommend clicking view> show previous frame to draw a proper matching frame.

Remember though drawing in laser has limited complexitiy because laser galvos/scanners are mechanical pieces of equipment.. draw too much and it flickers and/or looks bad. I would draw in your favourite tool.. export with an aspect ratio of 1:1 (for example 1000x1000 pixels) import in beyond and trace by hand every frame.

To make a new frame you click the big orange + button at the bottom right.

I'm familiar with frame by frame animation, and the basic concepts of the frame editor. My question is specifically aimed towards the 'Advanced Frame Editor'. Animation in the regular frame editor is pretty straight forward. Specifically, how does the 'animation' button work in the advanced frame editor. you click on the animation icon and then highlight some points and it starts to 'shimmer'. Obviously, there is some function for this, but I can't seem to figure it out. There's no documenatation on this feature, yet I'm sure there are some 'advanced' techniques that can be useful to me.

The animation buttion is like a morph effect.. you can decide how many steps it should add in between to morph to the next frame... usually morphing you copy the first frame then in the 2nd move some of the dots to make a proper morph as the laser software doesn't know what to do if you add or remove as it changes the order.

You can decide here how many steps of morphing you want to put in between the set beginning and end frame.

Hope this helps!

That's kind of what I suspected it does. I just can't figure out how to actually do this. Can you give step by step instructions on how this is accomplished?

That's kind of what I suspected it does. I just can't figure out how to actually do this. Can you give step by step instructions on how this is accomplished?

I join this request! Could You(masterpj) make a short video? Thank you!

Yes and yes! I am back home now from israel and just finished the majority of work minus my work for Arctos so.. I have time to do this.

Back