10k analog blanking enough?

thefortres

Hello all,
I'm looking into setting up a 30K projector and wanted to use analog modulation of a DPSS laser for blanking. The laser says it can do 10K analog blanking. My question: Is there a formula for calculating the necessary blanking speed for a 30K projector. I know that each slide or frame has its own blanking requirements but is there a general guide line I can follow? I'm sure someone has done this before so I'm willing to trust an opinion (or 3) that says this is or is not fast enough.

Thanks in advance,
Matt H
Houston TX

Hi Matt,

The formula for figuring out scanning bandwidth required for a particular ILDA "K" is to take the ILDA PPS rating and divide by 12. This means that ILDA 30K requires a small signal bandwidth of 2.5kHz. This applies for scanners, but it can be related for blanking and modulation devices as well.

Off the top, I would say that 10K should be sufficient, AS LONG AS the 10K is specified in terms of bandwidth and not in terms of something else. In any case, our software is pretty adjustable and you should be able to get this to work.

Bill

Back