3D pyramids - how to make?

Apophis2036

I have a film called Mystery of the Nile and I'd like to make a laser pre-show for people to check out while they wait for it to start. Any suggestions on how to make 3D pyramids?

It's easy, of course, to make 3D cubes, balls, cones, and black holes but what about 3D pyramids?

If anyone has any suggestions for how to do this please let me know. Thanks,
J

Hi,

If you have LD 2000 Pro, the simplest way to make 3D pyramids is:
1. Make the Angle line and copy this to 3 frames
2. Then rotate 2 frames for 120deg
3. copy all 3 frames to 0ne - in this case you will have the sides of pyramide
4. in another view draw the bottom and if needs align it's to the sides

Hi guys,

Vadim mentioned a very clever way. But actually, you might be able to create a simple object like this using the "Spin" tool. You would start out drawing an angled line in the front view, and then switch to the TOP view, and then go to SFX/SPIN and tell it that you want to generate a spin with 4 ribs. That will get you closer...

The other way to do this in LD is by using a series of "lock" maneuvers and drawing and rotating lines part by part. This is the way 3D frames have been historically created in this industry.

And lastly, the VERY easy way to do this is to create a pyramid (or any other shape) in 3D Studio MAX or Cinema 4D and use one of our conversion programs to convert the file directly to laser. This is the way most modern 3D work is being done in this industry. It is the fastest and easiest way, and provides the highest quality.

Best regards,

William Benner

Back