a small step for laserexperts, but a giant leap for a noob like me

Thieson

Hi all,

I'm not into laser myself, but we're trying to figure out if a lasershow might fit in a concert we're planning.

The most important question for us is:
We want to use the lasers for a relatively straight forward show. beams tunnels bunch of smoke etc.

But at one moment in the show we want to do a laseranimation.

1st Question is:
does this animation work (is it visible for the public) "in the air" so with smoke but without a projection screen or something like that.
Or is it absolutely necessary to have some kind of projection surface?

2nd:
What kind of content do we have to make in order to be able to put in in the pangolin software?
I'm quite used to work with After Effects for example. Is it possible to make a simple line animation in after effects and render it to a format suitable for the pangolin software?

Hope that someone here can help me!

Thnx a lot!

Seems like easy questions for never being answered.

Question 1:
You will need something the laser projects onto for the crowd to see it. The laser will not 'stop' mid air - it is light it will keep traveling forward till it hits something that won't allow it to travel anymore. So you could either project it onto a hard surface where it will stop completely or get a net style surface where it will block some of the laser allowing the shapes to be visualized better and still allowing some to come through.

Question 2:
The easiest way is to use the in program design options under the 'edit' at the top. There is also the TraceIt option if you want to try having it being transfered from After Effects but no guarentees how it will come over.

Back