akai apc mini problem , sliders move random things

The sliders of the APC mini are not the most accurate ones. I have seen this more than once. Could you test it with another unit? Making sure that the APC mini is not the cause?

sliders are fine , if i move one slider in apc then in quickshow many sliders move..
like if i move speed in apc, then in quickshow moves colour, speed points, and with random values..

Hello there,

I have a somewhat similar problem with using the APC mini. With the sliders I got other additional midi messages (B0 ...) appearing in the preview window. Sometimes QS acts like it is receiving slider control change messages and shifts random sliders by one or two percents on own initiative. It's tricky with the rotation knobs on live events. The shift is invisible on the virtual knob but the laser cues start appearing flatter or distorted.
Happened four times on live events when I've gone to take pee (lol) setting the software to automatic mode (VirtualLJ) and by getting back the controller was freezed out completely and was not reacting to anything. Had to restart the QS.
After a twenty minute of use it begins being late with the feedback lights. Late enough to show the FX pad for seconds after release. Sometimes the Shift On/Shit Off is being reverted.

It was reproduced on four different computers, on Win7 and Win10 either, with and without external powered usb hub. It seems that the controller lights are unstable and blinking unnatural. The phenomenon is not so severe with other softwares but I can get random blinks on the pad.
I called the service this week, they told it unseen that the controller is fine, the software must have the problem. However, I suspect something with the controller, too.

While composing this post, I accidentally reproduced the issue posted above by mortenx.
After a short time, everything is back to normal, without closing the QS.

Hi all,
Same here,I have always encountered this tedious problem since QS version with mapping for APCmini has been released.
I had also attempted to use a tablet with touchosc, but at a certain time the same problem occurs as n the video posted by Zsooti87. At this point I point my finger on managing midi in QS.

So far I wasn't able to send the APCmini back to the service but I'm almost 100% sure the problem is with the controller Two friends of mine have the APCmini and they don't have these phenomenon.
Also other software users reported same problems and the controller was proven faulty. This could be the case for everyone. I'll get back later with results of visiting the service.

Hi, same problem here, really annoying...
I figured out that, if the problem occurs and i click on Settings -> MIDI Settings in Quickshow, Quickshow shows the startup text on the APCmini again and the problem is gone for a while.

The problem is not caused by QuickShow, but by the apc mini it self. Its not that accurate.

In QuickShow there is a special panel .. Settings >> configuration >> midi.
There you can play with the options to change the sensitivity:

Screen Shot 2017-05-29 at 15.40.21.png

I have the same problem with a mini and Beyond .I bought an Apc 40 used and it works fine . Going to remap the mini to use on my audio mixer with studio one 3 .

Back