any new games??

planty

At the moment there is the asteroid game, but i was wondering if there are any more that could be on the way,
Remember the game "snake" that should be easy to do, you used to get them on the older type mobile phones,
David

Hi David,

Great question. We worked with intellectual property attorneys and other licensing authorities to bring a royalty-free and totally legal Asteroids game to light for LD2000 users. We also made the source code for this game available with the idea that people could take the core engine and implement other types of games.

Yes, you are right, the SNAKE game would be a natural for laser, as would some kind of brick breaker.

It is possible that I could continue to write laser games myself, but unfortunately while running the company Pangolin, I have not had the time to write new laser games.

As an aside, I have always had the theory that "Open Source" would never work for this industry and the fact that essentially nothing has come of our Asteriods open source, well, it just tends to prove my theory.

Let me see if we could hire or do a trade to a programmer to get another game or two included in our distribution.

Best regards,

William Benner

Thank you for your answer, another game would be good, pac man, space invaders, tetras or other easy games.

It would be good to have some basic graphics that can be left to run in the back ground, like a fish tank, roller coaster or racing a car.

Back