Any way to calibrate Colours for RGBv Laser in Quickshow ?

Hayd

As I have an RGBv using Blue 404nm when quickshow projects blue I get UV. My projector does make an excellent blue, however it uses a mix of colours to achieve it. Is there any way in quickshow to adjust the colour palette, so that all the blue used is correctly mixed ?
The only way I have found so far it to manually re-colour each frame of a cue, very time consuming and only effects that one cue.

Scanner : NRG Lasers 800mW
350mW 650nM Red
150mW 532nM Green
350mW 404nM Blue/Violet
40kpps ILDa Scanners

Quickshow 1.28

Although to change the whole palette would be complex , but would it not be possible to replace a default colour within the cue editor. For example if you opened a cue in the editor, select blue on the palette then change it to green, then all the blue in that cue became green. i.e. a much quicker way than going frame by frame and colour changing each piece of blue?

I'm very pleased with the NRg laser overall and it does produce a good blue, if youe mix it , has full analogue mixing, my budget couldn't stretch to RGB though ( not without a divorce anyway ).

cheers

Hayden

The LD/QM32 and LD2000 series can do precisely what it is that you want to do. The LD/QM32 and LD2000 series feature "trainable" palettes which can be trained to do anything you would like.

QuickShow does not currently do this, and won't do this in 2.0 either. But QuickShow 2.0 will have some enhancements regarding the way in which colors are treated.

In the mean time, certainly life itself is full of sacrifices. If color rendition is very important to you, then perhaps LD2000 is the best choice for you.

Best regards,

William Benner

Hi William , shame it's not in Quickshow 2 , but I do understand that not everything is going to be available in your lower end software. Unfortunately my budget is never going to be able to stretch to the LD2000 system ( not without a divorce anyway). So I'll look forward to what comes along in Quickshow 2.

Regards
Hayden

Last edited:
QuickShow 2 is definitely a major upgrade. There are completely new features -- not only for QuickShow, but also for the world. And many other things are refined.

Changes are also planned for the color system itself, but -- it hasn't been planned to do anything for RGV. However, as I am sitting here writing this, it occurs to me that perhaps if we give our already-planned changes just a twist, we could better accommodate RGV systems. The "twist" would not accommodate RGV as well as our fully-trainable LD2000 system could, but it will at least be better than what you have now.

Hehe. By the way, this is why 2.0 isn't already out. We keep improving it. It's always just one more feature away... But it also illustrates just how big of a difference 2.0 will be when compared with 1.0.

Best regards,

William Benner

Sounds like a major upgrade William, very much looking forward to it. Will there be mare cue graphics included ? I notice many of them are from parts of your existing LD2000 shows; or have you maybe considered a download pack of addon frames ?
I would certainly be willing to pay for shows/frames such as for Halloween or xmas.

Regards
Hayden

Dear Hayden,

Thanks for contacting us. As a result of your suggestion, and also my own experiences while traveling in China, and finally the fact that at the office in Pangolin, we actually have an RGV laser projector as well, we have decided to add a special feature to QuickShow to give better performance with RGV laser projectors. To do it right, this is a bit more tricky than it might sound, but I am excited that we can do something special and unique. Certainly no other company is looking in this direction, or will have as innovative solution as we have come up with.

QuickShow 2.0 is indeed a major update and will have a completely new workspace made by Derek. There are a wider variety of beam and audience scanning related effects.

And you are right, a lot of the images are indeed from the Pangolin LD2000 system. We'll consider distributing some frames along with QuickShow 2.0, although I think that would only be possible in the form of a CD-type update, and not something we'd want to provide on the web as part of the QS installation itself.

Best regards,

William Benner

That's excellent news William, as Quickshow is aimed at the same market as RGBv lasers it makes sense.
Look forward to the beta one day lol I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Regards

Hayden

Hi Hayden,

We don't have you in our list of BETA testers. Did you send an email requesting it? In any event, you should send an email requesting it and we might send you something as soon as this weekend.

Bill

Back