APC40 sliders assigned to DMX channels?

Discussion in 'PangoScript, Universe and Midi Templates' started by drm916, Aug 20, 2014.

1. drm916

drm916 Member

I have an APC40. I don't use the FX1-FX4 sliders. I leave them set at 100% in the software all the time. So I would like to remap them to work on the quick DMX sliders that control output of my enttec

I basically wanna use channels 1-4 of the dmx to control my hazers. I tired looking at the pangoscrip but could not figure it out.

Thank you,

Johnathon

2. Aaron@Pangolin

[email protected] Staff Member

Hey Johnathon; I tried this today and I am not sure how to do what you want. :eek: I can get the slider to put a DMX channel to a specific value, but I cannot seem to get it to change values based on the slider movement. I suspect this will take a bit of custom scripting in PangoScript if it is possible; Bob might be able to verify if it is possible and/or point you in the right direction concerning the specific script verbage.

Why don't you just make a DMX cue that activates your fogger and just trigger that from the cue grid?

3. drm916

drm916 Member

I was hoping to not use a cue.. cause it will be hazers. Multiples. So I want to be able control them separate of a cue.

Hoping Bob can help me out.

Thanks Aaron.

4. drm916

drm916 Member

Also note that I tried the stuff in this thread. This didn't work either.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2016
  5. drm916

drm916 Member

So.. any updates from Bob?

6. drm916

drm916 Member

I got it working from the sliders to adjust the values. So I am happy enough with it now. But would have been nice it if had showed those values on the quickdmx or dmx monitor somewhere.

7. ENOT

ENOT Software Developer Staff Member

In attachment screenshot. I did some quick tests with 1st slider of APC, it used for Brightness by default. At first, I removed mapping in Surface Sliders, and then made a couple of tests in MIDI to PangoScript. You can see 4 script lines on screenshot.
    At first I tested moving the value of slider inside Universe
    A second line - change of Label caption
    Third line - DMX out test
    4th line - big popup, but this one is "too much"

Maybe something of this will be useful

Attached Files:

8. drm916

drm916 Member

Weird.. Mine don't show anything. I am on 660.

Maybe I will give it a try again and see if I was looking at the wrong thing :( Wouldn't be the first time it was user error.. on MY part. lol. Thank you again!

9. drm916

drm916 Member

ok. Its working now. Both DMX monitors shows that dmx is happening.

Thank you!

Now I just gotta figure out these surface layers :)