APC40 sliders assigned to DMX channels?

drm916

I have an APC40. I don't use the FX1-FX4 sliders. I leave them set at 100% in the software all the time. So I would like to remap them to work on the quick DMX sliders that control output of my enttec

I basically wanna use channels 1-4 of the dmx to control my hazers. I tired looking at the pangoscrip but could not figure it out.

Thank you,

Johnathon

Hey Johnathon; I tried this today and I am not sure how to do what you want. :eek: I can get the slider to put a DMX channel to a specific value, but I cannot seem to get it to change values based on the slider movement. I suspect this will take a bit of custom scripting in PangoScript if it is possible; Bob might be able to verify if it is possible and/or point you in the right direction concerning the specific script verbage.

Why don't you just make a DMX cue that activates your fogger and just trigger that from the cue grid?

I was hoping to not use a cue.. cause it will be hazers. Multiples. So I want to be able control them separate of a cue.

Hoping Bob can help me out.

Thanks Aaron.

Also note that I tried the stuff in this thread. This didn't work either.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got it working from the sliders to adjust the values. So I am happy enough with it now. But would have been nice it if had showed those values on the quickdmx or dmx monitor somewhere.

In attachment screenshot. I did some quick tests with 1st slider of APC, it used for Brightness by default. At first, I removed mapping in Surface Sliders, and then made a couple of tests in MIDI to PangoScript. You can see 4 script lines on screenshot.
At first I tested moving the value of slider inside Universe
A second line - change of Label caption
Third line - DMX out test
4th line - big popup, but this one is "too much"

Maybe something of this will be useful

Attachments

• Example.jpg
    Example.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 48
In attachment screenshot. I did some quick tests with 1st slider of APC, it used for Brightness by default. At first, I removed mapping in Surface Sliders, and then made a couple of tests in MIDI to PangoScript. You can see 4 script lines on screenshot.
At first I tested moving the value of slider inside Universe
A second line - change of Label caption
Third line - DMX out test
4th line - big popup, but this one is "too much"

Maybe something of this will be useful

Weird.. Mine don't show anything. I am on 660.

Maybe I will give it a try again and see if I was looking at the wrong thing :( Wouldn't be the first time it was user error.. on MY part. lol. Thank you again!

ok. Its working now. Both DMX monitors shows that dmx is happening.

Thank you!

Now I just gotta figure out these surface layers :)

Back