Audio frequency analyzer

LaserFan

Beta Tester
Hello all!
1. In “Audioâ€￾ tab the FFT give us 512 frequency bands, but in Image Synthesizer in the “Itemâ€￾ tab in section “Enable/Disable sequenceâ€￾ in fields “On Event (Off Event)â€￾ we can choose values only in range 1-256.
How establishes the correspondence between 512 values of FFT and 256 values of fields “On Event (Off Event)â€￾
2. I want to implement the following idea in my Synth: one peak (Event) of some frequency "switching on" some element of Synth, and another peak (Event) of other frequency switches it off.
However, to trace in real-time in the Audio tab in what moment of time, which frequency is the peak is very difficult.
Is it possible somehow to get a digital array of peak detector (array of Events) to analyze in what moment of time which frequencies have the peak?
Maybe there are other ideas how define what frequency in what moment of time there are peaks?

The Events is a string, and you always can edit the text (the name of Event). FFT1 and such are standard names, but you can use your own, and use it for test purpose of the Synth. As example, in Synth enter the name of event... as example John.

Later, in PangoScript you can use command: PulseEvent "John". What should happen - the Synth should react on command PulseEvent. As example, you can put it inside Button in Universe.

With same success you can use PulseEvent "FFT 10", the name is just a name, a text, any string should work.

--

Regarding the getting the array, what exactly you want? Pay attention that it data change at least 20 times per second. Let see what is the problem and after that consider option of how to do it.

Best Regards,

Alexey.

Thank You, Aleksey!
If I understand correctly, the names “FFT 1â€â€¦â€FFT 256†are system names, and Events associated with these names are generated automatically by peak detector.
And this is confirmed by testing: if I want to "switching on" some item of Synth on the peak at the frequency band 127, I SELECT in “On Event†field - “FFT 127†and it will work automatically – my Synth item switching on then music track have peak on band 127.

If I want to "switching on" some item of Synth on the peak at the frequency band 357, I should WRITE in “On Event†field: “FFT 357†and it will work automatically?

2nd question I will describe some later.

Yes, absolutelly. All united together, and it allows you use standard Event names as well as your own names. Take a look into Effect properties, and you will see Events there too, same as in Synth.

This is interesting theme, because it unite together the Images, Effects, Scripts and inteaction between the scripts.

Best Regards,

Алексей.

Back