Audio latency compensation

Kit

I am creating a laser show that has tight synchronisation with percussive audio running from beyond. Is there any way to create a slight delay on the lasers so they sync better with the sound?

Thanks.

If BEYOND generates the sound and laser, the sound is connected through a wire to the amp, every delay that is in there, is probably caused by a setting of the Amp. BEYOND can perfectly sync with Audio.

(Note that wireless streaming audio is not a goud audio source to sync on.)

Try converting the MP3 to a wav file and see if the problem is gone then.

Hi Bob,

Yes BEYOND is generating the sound and the laser, however there is delay in the sound through to the PA system (light moves faster than sound etc) and I am composing very tight synchronisation with the sound and laser clips in BEYOND, based on visual representation of the waveform in the timeline.

Right now I have a work around to achieve this - shift the laser slightly back in the timeline to compensate for the latency, however this gets very messy when there are complex arrangements in the timeline.

What I hope for is a very simple delay function to apply to the laser, so that it exactly matches the sound output without having to shift anything temporally in the timeline and the visual representation of the laser clip and the sound waveform remains in unison.

Back