audio playback after long wait

lasrgreg

I have seen this problem a couple of times on a couple of different computer. If you load a show in Showtime (show, frames, music), and let the computer sit (about 1 hour or more), then the audio may not play when the show is started - laser cues will play fine, but no audio.

Work-around I have implemented is to re-load the show about 15 minutes before actual playback. Seems to be consistent whether MP3 or WAV files are used.

Greg

Sometimes you can be overly prepared... right? ;)
I am opening Showtime up to load a show and... wait. :D I'll return with my results. :cool:

Last edited:
I got nothin... The audio played successfully after "sitting" for an hour. I will leave it sitting for another hour and try again.

Is this a PCI or .NET box QM?

Could be a codec related issue.
Do you have any codec packs installed?
Another thing could be the driver of your sound card... what kind is it?

Last but not at least it might be a program interfering with the audio playback.

You might also try Showtime_M. You can find Showtime_M in the C: \ LD2000 folder. Showtime_M uses Windows Media Player instead of the old MCI and sometimes the behavior of Showtime_M is better. (Sometimes it's worst, which is why we didn't make that the default...)

Nevertheless, Showtime_M is normally a good solution when you have media-related troubles with the normal Showtime.EXE.

Best regards,

William Benner

Back