Beam Show Creation

Discussion in 'Lasershow Designer 2000' started by Guest, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Guest

Guest Member

I'm just begining to learn LD2000 and showtime, how long would it take approximately before I could create a beam show to music, and how long would that type of project take to create?

I understand this varies person to person I'm just looking for a ball park estimate.

Thanks

2. johnfl68

johnfl68 Active Member

For seasoned programmers, it typically takes the following:

• Graphics Shows about 8 hours per program minute
    • Beam Shows about 4 hours per program minute

A program minute is for every minute of program or music for a show.

For example a 5 minute Beam Show would take on average 20 hours to program.
    5 minutes of music * 4 hours = 20 hours

There are numerous variables, and as you said, it does vary from person to person.

Some people are faster, some are slower, 1 scanner show versus multiple scanner show, simple show or complex show, etc.

Hope this helps some.

John

3. I am not sure if I am considered a seasoned programmer or not yet, after 11 or 12 beam shows over the past 2 years I probably average one to two hours of "work" for 15 seconds of show. I have had shows take much longer and much less time.

I started to create my own frames for my shows about 6 shows ago which is where about a quater to half of the time goes. When I first started I would use frames from the shows included with LD2000.

I have not played with graphics too much but plan on making a few graphic and abstract shows in the future.

4. Guest

Guest Member

Thanks! This information helps a lot! Now at least I have some numbers to go off of.

Thanks Again.