Beyond 3D - Drawing a 2D Text (with look like the LaserFont 'Stick.ldf')

Sven Rü.

Hi,

I'm using Beyond 3D (B3D) for creating a logo with Text. Therefore I'm using the 'Text-curve' Tool from the 'Curves' Tab. Typing the text and selecting a font (*.ttf). Everything is working perfect.

BUT - I wan't to draw Text without closed curves (to save laserpoints when drawing small text)!

So that it has at the end the same look like a drawn text when using the 'stick.ldf' laserfont in the Advanced Frame Editor, QuickText and so on. All letters should shown as a line, and not as a closed curve.

How can i realize this?

Hi, Sven!
All ttf fonts will look like "closed curves".
If you want that "all letters should shown as a line", do it like you did in the Advanced Frame Editor, QuickText and so on using the 'stick.ldf' (or similar) laserfont.
Also you can even create your own laserfont with Advanced Text Editor.

Hi Igor,

thanks for the answer. Using 'stick.ldf' in B3D? o_O How is this possible? Where can i select it?

When i go to the attributes manager of my 'Text Curve'-object and press the '...' button from the 'Text'-Tab to select the Font then a window opens with just *.ttf fonts listed. I can't select or open any Laserfont there.

So how can I do this?

I'm using Build 17010 of B3D.

Hi, Sven!
It is not possible to work with ldf fonts in B3D.
You can draw one line text in Advanced Frame Editor or Advanced Text Editor or QuickText and then use it as part of your scene, for example on a Timeline

Hi Igor,

aah - now i understand. Eiher 'sticky' text outside B3D or only 'closed curves'-text in B3D. What a pity - that's not possible.:( But thanks for the answer .

But ok - is there a correct place, where I can make this as proposal for an improvement or new feature for B3D - so that the developers could see my suggestion?

Back