Beyond 3D Enhancement Request: Ability to Merge Projects or Import Beyond 3D Models

digiassn

I have been doing quite a bit of work with Beyond 3D as of late. For one of the modules I am doing, I created a character model in Beyond 3D. In another part of the module I create a scene in Beyond 3D. I've used the character model in several parts of the module no problem since I just copied the .beyond3d file and made the modifications I needed for whatever.

Now that I am in the last part of my show module, I'd like to bring in the character model into the scene model. Currently there is no way to import anything from other .beyond3d files. If you copy an object or object group, it duplicates it, so there there is no way to copy and paste the object or object group into another open projects object tree. And there is no way to export to FBX to import into another project.

It would be nice to have a feature to be able to select a .beyond3d file from an open project, and have the choice to import individual objects or the entire file into the currently open project.

*bump*
Any idea if this can be implemented? It seems like a straightforward thing, so I'm hoping that maybe I'm missing something...

Back