Beyond 3d trouble with FBX files

Garrett_502

I'm working with a guy who works in after effects and cinema 4d. The best we can do is import his stuff in an .fbx file to Beyond 3D. It works okay... It will allow me to render the stuff, and then send it to a cue in Beyond. But... If i try to change something after I've rendered and sent the cue once.. and try to send a new render (the third P button in the top right corner), I get an application error problem and the software crashes. EVERY TIME. It doesn't do this when i'm working solely with Beyond 3d stuff. like if I work with shapes and stuff within 3D. It only seems to happen with FBX. So basically, if i want to keep working after a render and change stuff around, I have to save it and then close the software and reopen it, and do the render process over. Because I only get one shot before the software crashes. Does anyone else have this problem. I'm working with the latest build.

Thank you for the files. I have reproduced this and have sent the files “upâ€￾.

What I noticed while I tested is that you can save an adjusted 3D model to a different cue and BEYOND did not crash so this might be the work around until we find out the problem. Once I get some feedback on your files I will let you know.

Back