BEYOND Artnet DMX functions with Enttec ODE

kingkong8

Hi, I have been trying to enable Artnet DMX out function in BEYOND with Enttec ODE but I can't get it work. I am familiar in ARTNET functionality since i am using Artnet for years in all my lightshows but this time I would like all my lights and laser to run in single software BEYOND. Can you give me a guide/ steps on how to enable Artnet DMX out in BEYOND Utimate build 574 with Enttec ODE? Thank you.

Last edited:
you have to enable it also in the DMX Universe
set your DMX output in Universe 1 to ENTTEC
than you shuold have a Quick DMX tab at the bottom

Hi aricha, I did what you told me but still I can't get dmx out to function. I already check assigned channel of my lasers with faders in quick dmx tab but still the laser didn't respond with faders.

Hi aricha, I did what you told me but still I can't get dmx out to function. I already check assigned channel of my lasers with faders in quick dmx tab but still the laser didn't respond with faders.

For my reference, your controlling an ilda laser with ILDA and DMX at the same time?

Hi bob, actually I am controlling Lasers with ILDA and Lasers with DMX at the same time. My setup is all ILDA lasers are connected with FB3's and all DMX lasers(no ILDA port) are connected in Enttec ODE(artnet). I tried every settings in Beyond DMX out setting but I can't get it work. No reaction in all my DMX lasers. I wanted to control all my lightings in BEYOND since it was capable of DMX ARTNET.

Last edited:
Beyond is capable to handle Art-net, no question there.

Can you tell me, when you use the Enttec utility for the Enttec ODE (Enttec node management utility), does it work using the Artnet Test window?

Thanks Bob for your prompt response. I already configured Enttec ODE in NMU(node management utility). It works in artnet test window, all my DMX laser lights up. I am using FREESTYLER software for all my dmx lightings via Artnet and it does work well. But since I purchased RGB lasers and start using BEYOND. I want all my lightings be controlled in BEYOND. I already configured artnet settings in BEYOND but no luck. Am I missing something? Do you have any guides/steps how to use and configure Artnet in BEYOND?

Yes Aaron, I already press SHOW IT NOW in QuickDMX tab and enable LASER OUTPUT but still no luck..

Last edited:
Thanks Bob for your prompt response. I already configured Enttec ODE in NMU(node management utility). It works in artnet test window, all my DMX laser lights up. I am using FREESTYLER software for all my dmx lightings via Artnet and it does work well. But since I purchased RGB lasers and start using BEYOND. I want all my lightings be controlled in BEYOND. I already configured artnet settings in BEYOND but no luck. Am I missing something? Do you have any guides/steps how to use and configure Artnet in BEYOND?

Do you use broadcast on the complete subnet or only to an specific (Enttec ode) ip?

can you try subnet 0 and universe 0?

This works for me:

Enttec ODE settings:
attachment.php

Beyond Settings:
attachment.php

In my case the Enttec ODE is in the same network as my PC.
My pc has IP 10.0.0.9 and the Enttec ODE IP 10.0.0.6.

Both are fixed, but thats just an personal choice.
Obviously all IP's need to be Unique in the network.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-09-27 at 17.07.10.png
    Screen Shot 2013-09-27 at 17.07.10.png
    41.6 KB · Views: 33
  • Screen Shot 2013-09-27 at 17.11.04.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-09-27 at 17.11.04.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 30
Last edited by a moderator:
Back