Beyond Low FPS issue

Arcane

Hi again,

Why is it on some computers i get low fps and others i get high fps?
My new desktop with all high end components only gets 10fps, when my older laptop gets 80+fps on the same workspace, same cue. Both running the latest windows 10.

Is there anything that effects FPS in windows? Processes or limitations in network priority?
Is there a checklist or application that i can use to find out what's causing these issues?

Thanks!

It still happens when i hook the FB4 straight into the PC. Is there some sort of checklist to work though for troubleshooting low fps?

Does your hardware monitor show any CPU spikes or high memory loads? Have you tried disconnecting your PC from the network and running Beyond? If running anti-virus software, try disabling before running Beyond.

This won't help you suss out the problem but try setting the CPU affinity for Beyond to not use core 0 of your CPU. Most system processes use core 0 and Windows 10 has a lot of system processes running. Setting Beyond to not use core 0 will force to use a potentially idle core which could improve things.

I just discovered that my midi mapping from the apc20 was causing a problem like this(low scanrates, UI controling delays). Cleared the midi mapping. Made a new one. Problem solved here. Maybe something simulair. Maybe a small configuration difference?
Good luck

Last edited:
Back