Beyond midi support essentials / LCADAT

Before upgrading to Beyond, I wanted to confirm that the base level product will be capable of replacing my existing software solution. Can a timeline in beyond slave to an external HD24 via MTC? I currently run a HD24 and convert the ADAT to MTC using a JLcooper datasync2, then the MTC to usb using a midi sport. Can beyond essentials pickup this USB MTC input and slave the timeline to it? I use this function to add graphics, abstracts or beams to existing ADAT shows. So when play is pushed on the HD24, the beyond timeline then tracks the incoming MTC and follows the external device.

Also could anyone comment on why LCADAT is only now provided in the top level software. I have it in the lower level of LD2000 and also the SLE release of Beyond, but the issue is they are not 64bit so it runs out of memory before completing a whole tape when done as one.
I have considered moving all my content over, but I do not want to spend the time chopping up the WAV files to smaller usable sizes, or pay thousands of dollars for just that function does not make sense.

Did I remember seeing a post awhile back the more advanced lic maybe able to be rented?

Thanks

Back