Beyond Processor Recommendation?

sirebral

Hi All,

I'm playing around with Beyond on a dual core AMD Athlon 2, I didn't put a ton of processor in this box as I've run LD2000 and Livepro without issue with much less processor power. I've noted that I am getting some general lag in projections when using Beyond with my QM2000. The lag shows in both the preview and the actual projection. The processor is hitting 40% at times, which I would think is a bit high, yet still acceptable headroom. Is there a recommendation for Beyond PC hardware, would more cores perhaps help, or is this just an issue of further optimization necesary before the program is ready for actual use?

Thanks,

Keith

One thing that we have said repeatedly on this forum and elsewhere, is that we have not yet optimized communication between BEYOND and the QM2000. As a result, the output does not appear as smooth with the QM2000 as it does with the FB3.

The actual CPU load is actually quite low, despite what any CPU meter says. CPU meters say that LivePRO takes 100% of the CPU, but that's total nonsense...

Your options are:

1. Wait a little while, until we optimize communication between BEYOND and the QM2000.
2. Use BEYOND with the FB3
3. Use LD2000 and Showtime with the QM2000, which will always be perfectly smooth.

Best regards,

William Benner

Back