Beyond - Tim's qc on "Effects"

Tim Walsh

Effects -
Nothing in help files about how to set up key effects, I am figuring it out, but not so intuitive to me. I'm using it, though:eek:

Yes, we're working on the documentation now, and it will be part of version 2.0.

But one thing to note is that you don't need to use key effects on the timeline. This is not strictly necessary and in fact, I think people will use this method only the minority of the time. Rather you can expand the timeline and see that you have access to the most-used things, such as position, size, brightness, etc. If you double-click inside of one of those mini timelines, then you can set values directly.

Best regards,

William Benner

Well, I was referring to just using a key effect for a cue on the grid. There are no instructions. I think I figured it out through trial and error....

But since you mention it.... I noticed the little list that opens up on a timeline event when you double click on the timeline, but I have no clue what to do with them.

Figured it out....

When you click on the effect line inside the timeline event, a little diamond appears. You can put many effect diamonds inside the event. Double click a diamond, and set the effect percentage there. Set every diamond how you like it, now the event will change the effect for you between the diamonds.

Back