Beyond Universe - X Mirrored Projector Replication?

sdeller

I LOVE Beyond universe btw. Amazing functionality!

I have what seems to be a very simple (yet difficult to implement!) question..
Im simply trying to replicate a beyond universe 'view' that replicates my exact setup. I have 7 projectors driven by 4 x FB3's - (3 FB3's each feed through an X splitter to 2 projectors each)

However, lets use an easy example so I can explain:
Beyond connected to single FB3
FB3's ILDA cable goes to a splitter
2 projectors with mirrored X are fed from the splitter.

HOW do I create an additional mirrored zone (and / or projector?) in Beyond Universe? It sounds simple but for the life of me ive tried everything and no luck yet.

Ive even tried creating bogus zones and bogus projectors (with 'also to' set etc etc) but NOTHING I try will replicate a mirrored X projector in beyond universe.

NOTE: maybe a bug? Fine tuning a projectors 'preview' setting doesn't even propagate thru to the standard preview grid let alone the universe window. HOWEVER the bogus mirrored projector does display correctly when viewing only a SINGLE standard preview window.

Most likely its obvious and im missing something simple. Please advise if anyone has managed to crack this one :D

Just so I am clear, you are trying to get duplicate, mirrored images from the 3 "splt" FB3s, correct?

I need to play with it a bit but I think you will do this in your projection zone settings where you adjust the preview of the zone. I suspect you just set up a mirror in the preview wondow and it should propagate to the universe. Once I verify this I will let you know although you might be able to try it quicker than I can ;)

I just made each mirrored projector its own "projection zone tool" and assigned the same zone to the one I want mirrored.
I can't seem to get the output to look mirrored (x axis at -100 size) but I can get it to duplicate. I attached a screen shot of what I got; is that what you are looking for?

Attachments

• BEYONDUniverse1.jpg
    BEYONDUniverse1.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 43
I think he means the reflection of horizonale axis

Look at the modified pictures -@

Attachments

• BEYONDUniverse1.jpg
    BEYONDUniverse1.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 30
Hi osstec,

The best way to do it, is to create an new zone without an projector assigned.
Assign the original projection zone with the "also to" function to the newly created fake projector.

Then you can Y - invert this new projection zone with an effect, and drag this new zone into universe. Check the screenshot which is NOT an photoshop.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-05-31 at 15.07.00.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-05-31 at 15.07.00.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 64
Hi osstec,

The best way to do it, is to create an new zone without an projector assigned.
Assign the original projection zone with the "also to" function to the newly created fake projector.

Then you can Y - invert this new projection zone with an effect, and drag this new zone into universe. Check the screenshot which is NOT an photoshop.

attachment.php

THANKS!!! :wowwee::cool:

Back