Blacking Melles Griot

aricha

Hi everybody

I want to use Pangolin to blank the melles griot yag

It is 58-GES-309

I want to be able to turn the laser from a remote box
-which is working for me-

I couldn't blank the laser from the QM
I tried pin 3 QM to pin 1 on the Exsternal interface connector of the Melles Griot and pin 16 QM to pin 8
Melles
I also tried vice versa
Any hints? should i use QM ground (pin 25) ?

Thank you
Aricha

Hi Aricha,

You should ALWAYS use pin 25, as we strongly suggest in our help file and on our web site. I strongly suggest you connect pin QM2000 pin 16 to QM2000 pin 25, and then use QM2000 pins 3 and 25 to drive the laser. This will work, as long as you have not blown out your pin 3 output while doing your experiments.

I know this works because we have others using this laser in the same way. Note that there are two inputs on the Melles Griot that may be used -- one for TTL blanking and one for Analog modulation. As far as I know, the one for analog modulation is preferred. You might contact Greg Makhov about this since I believe he knows these lasers pretty well.

Best regards,

William Benner

Hi Aricha,
As Benner's reply,that's right,If can not work yet,you can use a resistance(1KOhm) connect Pin3 and Pin 25,Last year I have use 3 melles Griot 309 green lasers,but can not output laser ,use this method, it's OK, try it.

hi frank and thanks for your reply
is it pin 3 & 25 or 16 & 25

i shorted QM pin16 to QM pin 25
i conected QM pin 25 to Exsternal interface connector pin 15 which is chassis ground
it did not work
i disconnected pin 25 from pin 15 - also did not work
should i use pin 13? signal ground (which is being used for laser on)

thanks
aricha

Back