CB6580 Rev D Drivers

Marco

Is there anybody who can give me the exact pin-out of the input pins of the CB6580 Rev. D drivers and how to connect them to the QM2000 card ?
Pin-out ot the QM2000 is clearly explained in the help-files so that is not an issue.

Thanks for all your help,
Marco
:cool:

The Cambridge 6580 drivers? I think I have an old manual in storage. When I get a chance, I will look in the next week.

John

Hi Marco,

The pinout on that is the same as the pinout on the Cambridge model 671xx SMT amp (most versions).

Bill

Another question, is there anybody who can tell me if the drivers and scanners should be isolated from the ground ?
My projector is made of aluminium and i mounted the drivers and the scanners on the aluminium baseplate which is connected to ground (safety issue)
Could that go wrong ?

Greetings,
Marco

This is a complex topic. Industrial scanners are isolated from ground. Normally this is accomplished with a plastic "sleeve" that isolates the scanner from the X-Y mount. This can't be done in lightshow because the scanner and X-Y mount are required to dissipate massive amounts of heat.

What I strongly recommend is isolating the laser from the chassis. This is actually more important, for a large number of reasons that I won't get into here...

Probably the best thing to do is to just catch me at an ILDA meeting or Pangolin meeting, and ask me this kind of question. The answers can be long winded, and can depend on other factors within the projector.

Best regards,

William Benner

Back