Channel for controlling parametric parameters

ping141

Hi! I am trying to have for example the amount of point a parametric image draws controlled by a channel. But I can not get it to work... Regardless of channel value (which I guess goes from 0 - 1000), all parameters I assign don't seem to do anything. This is a parametric image in a synth image. If I apply a channel to for example an effect in a cue, it works like expected. What am I missing?

I'm usually messing with FFT to drive the input parameter of parametric images this relies on the audio tab being active IE (select an audio device) then hit red record button, you will see spectrum analyser spring to life =GREEN ( change the beat register to suite the active part of the spectrum to work off) change gain for sensitivity and release for responsiveness

Once these are covering some distance they become useful as triggers or inputs to drive effects in shapes, point counts etc ... when you press the green wave form you set the min and max numbers to be used

In the synthetic images you can use fft to trigger flash of a portion of image( if is between predefined levels), not sure if you can drive point count here though.

hope this helps

upload_2020-10-5_4-23-20.png

@zerowaitstate Thanks for the input, but I was looking for a way to adjust the amount of points with just beam points without going in and editing the cues. Hence channel slider controls. Just a bit of R&D really... :)

Hi Igor,
I'm searching for a manual describing how to the Input Setup "Parameter" Parameter. Can you give me a tip where I can find a description how this Input type is working?

Thanks in advance.

Alex

Hi, Igor,

sorry, I guess I was not precise enough with my question ...and maybe in the wrong context as well ...
My intension here was to find out where I can get more information about BEYOND channel and also about Parameter in the Input Setup dialog box like showed in this enclosed example. Can you tell me, where I'm able to find documentation about how to use these Input Setup Types when working with Timeline?

upload_2020-12-22_12-59-18.png

Thanks in advance for your support.

Alex

Back