Color in frame/animation editor

Soulstorm Lasers

Hi there,

I'm having a few problems with colors in the frame/animation editor.

1)
I've used quick trace to copy a logo, which has found the correct colors. However, when I want to add a point, I cannot find a way to get the same colors that were in the quick trace points - there is only the color selection on the side. Is there a way to make/select custom colors?

Additional question:

2)
How can I change from which points the blanking lines start at and end on?

Many thanks,
Ben

Hey Ben, I will copy what I put in my email reply:

Yes, double click on color box of the "actively selected color" you are drawing with and a more in depth color selector should pop up. You may need to play around a bit to get the exact match of your logo colors.

What you are asking might be hard to explain in email. I think you want to add a blanking point or two using the add point function (or even a colored point or two). You will end up clicking on one of the points directly before or directly after where you want to end your "tails" and then drag that point to where they go away. This can be tricky and is one of the "artistic" skills of laser frame creation. You will need to play with it a lot in various ways, adding a blanking point here, adding a colored point there, until you get a good idea of how to fix things this way.

Back