Colors are off

RobG

Hi again. So I recently bought a ClubMax 3000 with attached FB4. It was 1 year old and I purchased it used. Seems great except for one thing that I find odd because it's not consistent: Some cues that have green in them, the green does not look green, it looks kind of light blue-ish. However, other cues that have green in them have perfect looking green. So since the imaging of the green color is not consistent across cues, I don't know what I am experiencing. I have tried two different laptops with installed versions of Beyond and they both do the same thing. I checked the color knobs on the laser and they are all turned fully clockwise.

If it were all cues that have green in them I would immediately think the projector has a problem. But it's only certain cues. Oh, by the way, all of the cues I am referencing are the default cues that come with the program. I have not downloaded any other cues yet.

Can someone help me to understand how some cues can be projecting the color green perfectly and some do not?

Thanks,
Rob

Did you do try to optimise the colors inside inside BEYOND?

First go to settings >> projector settings

Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 10.08.16.png

Then select the projector which you would like to adjust.

Try setting it on log color response, and see if that helps.

Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 10.08.41.png

After that you could also play with the maximum and minimum values.

The thing that has me stumped is that it's only certain cues that have the issue with the colors. Other cues display those same colors perfectly. Do you think, given that, that I should just adjust the colors individually for the cues that seem to have the issue?

Yes probably. Most of the time color mixing inside lasers is done on base of RGB, if you don't have enough red at a certain point, a color will mismatch.

Back