Colour Rainbow point by point, Text

Laser2018

I am new to QS
1.Can QS allow a shape example a circle to be coloured Rainbow point by point as in LD2000?
2. Why when I select Italic in a chosen font, it does not shows Italic ?

Appreciate your help in these 2 areas
Thank u

Q1: You mean something like this?

Screen Shot 2018-01-24 at 12.32.37.png

Q2, that depends on the font in question. Is this a true type font you have imported?

Hi Bob
Q1 Thanks for the reply. The frame I want to create is as shown in the attached file. It was done with LD2000. Can this be created with QS ?
Q2. Yes, I select Arial, Italic. I use both Quicktext and create a new frame method. but both don't show Italic
Capture.JPG Capture 2.JPG
Hope to hear from u on these. Thank you

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    14.6 KB · Views: 12
Q1, yes its possible, there are actually more than 1 way to achieve this. But probably the simplest, make sure you run LD2000 5.6x (out of the op of my head) , export the frame as .lds and import it into Quick-Show.
Q2. can you attach the font to the post? It might be something specific with the ttf. Do other fonts go italic?

Hi Bob
Q1. Can u show me the steps with QS ? LD2000 is no longer available for me.
Q2. How to attach the font ?. I show the screenshot in my previous post on the font I selected. Same problem with other fonts too.

Thank you

Hi Bob
Q1. Maybe I was not clear in my question.
What I wanted to know is how to colour whatever i draw in the advance editor, for example a square, to rainbow point by point using quickshow as shown in my earlier attachment.
You mentioned it is possible and more than 1 way to do it. Import frames from LD2000 is not an option for me.
Can u show the steps to do it in Quickshow?

Q2.

Capture3.JPG
I don't understand your question regarding the file format.
See the attached file in this reply.
I am trying to change the colour of the square that I draw using the tools in QS to rainbow point by point to the attachment on 25 Jan.
Can this be done in QS ?

Yes, you can change the point color but you will need to do it point by point in the QS frame editor. You will probably need to freehand tool to draw the square so it has all those points; otherwise you will only have a 4 point square. I suspect if you drew a freehand square in the editor, closed it to save it to a cue, then applied an effect like Bob is showing, or something like in the attachment, you would get what you are wanting. To get it to open like that in the frame editor I think you would need to export the cue out to .LDS, then import it back in so the effect will be combined with the frame and the colored points visible in the frame editor.

I will need to research wether the "italics" or "bold" font options are looked at by our text editor.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-01 at 5.47.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-01 at 5.47.09 PM.png
    45.2 KB · Views: 8
Hi Aaron
Any updates ?
How to draw a straight edges with the freehand tool ? pressing the shift key does not work.
How about the italic ?
Thanks

upload_2018-2-8_8-52-16.png

Hi Aaron
1. I have tried your method. It is possible but I could not draw a straight edge with the freehand tool ?
2. But how to export the cue out to .LDS if I don't have LD2000 ?
3I have submitted the issue with bug tracker regarding the italic font but there is no response since then. It has been a week.

I really appreciate any help from the experienced QS users if they can help with the freehand tool and italic text
Thanks

Back